Need Help! Cheap Flights BKK-MNL!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need Help! Cheap Flights BKK-MNL!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2006, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: One Pass Gold, Mileage Plus 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
Exclamation Need Help! Cheap Flights BKK-MNL!

Hi,
I am trying to find cheap flights from BKK-MNL-BKK on 4/6-8, but I am finding NOTHING in a good price range! Everything is at least $500/ticket (Philippine Airlines, Thai Airways). I've tried the discount airlines listed here but none of them fly BKK-MNL.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Should I try ticket consolidators?
Thanks!!!
Old Mar 18, 2006, 3:44 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
i2fantsiz4,

how much time do you have in BKK? I did an open jaws reward ticket on CO about this time last year, and purchased a one way ticket on PR for under $200 all in with a three day advance purchase. There are bucket shops all over BKK, so it should not be hard. In fact, IIRC RT was well under $400, and probably under $300, but of course that was a year ago. The PR flight had a special fare for citizens of PI, but of course that leaves most of us out.

Couple of point though: I've read that you may be asked to provide proof of return journey from LOS, though I never was in several trips. And while you may be nervous about going to a country with no way out unless you find a decently priced ticket there, I did it on my maiden voyage to Asia (can't say it wasn't in the back of my mind though ).

EmailKid
Old Mar 19, 2006, 5:08 am

Unfortunately April is the time of the year when the tickets are the most expensive. I usually buy my tickets at an agency called Six Stars, I found them to be the cheapest. No website though but this one http://www.saveflights.com/country/philippines.html also offers good prices.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 10:44 am

What about Tiger Airways?
Old Mar 27, 2006, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by seamallowance
What about Tiger Airways?

I do not believe that Tiger flies to Manilla. Same with Air Asia.

Not sure if there are any other LCC in the area for you to check
Old Mar 27, 2006, 7:18 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by ualsfo2sin
I do not believe that Tiger flies to Manilla. Same with Air Asia.

Not sure if there are any other LCC in the area for you to check
I'm guessing seamallowance means the old US Air Force base about 80 km outside of MNL -
Originally Posted by www.tigerairways.com
Manila (Clark) (CRK)
You can take Victory Liner (and other) buses into town proper. This will of course add some serious time to the journey because of the traffic congestion in Manila even though most of the journey is on a freeway

And of course you have to buy two journeys, because Air Asia only sells tickets to and from Singapore, at least on their website.

EmailKid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.