Reload this Page >

Cheapest destination in Europe/Eastern Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest destination in Europe/Eastern Europe

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2006, 1:00 am

Programs: LH SEN, TK*G, Hertz PC, AVIS PC, Sixt Plat.
I would recommend to try www.ltu.de. It is a major charter carrier, leaving from Orlando, Fort Myers, Miami and New York.
As they operate quite large a/c they should offer very competitive fares. They all head to DUS (Düsseldorf, a very nice city itself with one of the most beautiful historic quarter). A lot of airlines head to E Europe from there.
With LTU, there is "bid&fly"/"Biet&Flieg" in German and you may enter your accepted price and they see if it's possible; but try to be reasonable.

In the part of eating on the plane, there will not be anything to eat if you consider lccs as they not cut on this, but never introduced.

I would recommend you Prague, Budapest and Bratislava (though the center of either Prague and Budapest has become quite expensive in the past years). Krakau is a nice place to visit as well, and Zagreb too. I would neither go to Ucrania or Moldavia, but that's just my thought.

Don't forget to visit Warsaw, a very beautiful city and the capital of Poland. Tirana and Albania in general is very beautiful as well.

centralwings is a lcc to Poland. But riding the train is cheaper and a very nice thing to meet local people. There are night-trains guarded and therefore quite secure for a nights rest.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA, UA, NW, DL, Marriott
Originally Posted by gumby412854
I have a week off in April and I am looking to do something spontaneous. I was thinking of adding some stamps to my passport and heading to Europe. Eastern Europe sounds cool and I figured inexpensive however the airline sites are quoting round trip tickets 1000.00 or more. I live in Florida...any sugguestions
I, too, highly recommend staying in Prague. I was there about a year ago and was astounded how little I spent on really good food and some of the best beer in the world. I recall a decent draft beer at a nice bar for costing about 30 CZ Koruny, which was just about $1USD at the time. It's a great city, to boot!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.