Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intra-Thailand Airfares

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2006, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
Star Alliance Thailand Airpass

The Star Alliance Thailand Airpass allows you to get the maximum out of Thailand.
In conjunction with travel to/from or via Thailand from any other part of the world on Star Alliance services.
Passengers can purchase from four to eight coupons for travel within Thailand, paying $199 US for the first four coupons and $45 US for each additional coupon (excluding applicable fees and taxes).

http://www.staralliance.com/star_all..._thailand.html

You’ll find there’s a great deal of flexibility with the Star Alliance Thailand Airpass, however there are a few conditions.

• The Airpass can only be used for travel within Thailand and is only open to non-Thai residents.
• Travel on this Airpass is only available in conjunction with an international return ticket to Thailand on a Star Alliance member airline flight.
• You can only purchase one Airpass per international flight.
• You must confirm your first coupon at the time of purchase. But the other coupons can be booked at any time, subject to availability, and are valid for three months from the departure date of the first flight.
• Ticketing must be completed before you arrive in Thailand.
• There is no minimum stay, although there is a maximum stay of three months.
• Stopovers are permitted, however, rerouting isn’t.
• Apart from the first flight, changes to flights can be made at least three hours to departure without a cancellation fee.
• Discounts apply for children under 11.

Where can I go?

The Star Alliance Thailand Airpass covers 14 destinations across Thailand - giving you plenty of choice when you plan your itinerary. Destinations include:

Bangkok • Chiang Mai • Chiang Rai • Hat Yai • Khon Kaen • Krabi • Mae Hong Son • Nakhon Si Thammarat • Phitsanulok • Phuket • Surat Thani • Trang • Ubon Ratchathani • Udon Thani
The taxes were just a few dollars. There is a US$50 reissue fee to change routing, can only be done before departure to Thailand. Biz upgrades (day of flight only) are about THB1200
One word of warning (which doesn't sound like its applicable to the OP) but I was told you are NOT allowed to purchase an airpass in conjuction with a Mileage Plus ticket...must be a revenue ticket.....
Old Jan 3, 2006, 6:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
I would be very careful with some of the airlines who offer cheap fares, the planes I see at BKK are very very very old. At least bangkok airways run good planes that are well maintained.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 6:40 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Steve Fenton
I would be very careful with some of the airlines who offer cheap fares, the planes I see at BKK are very very very old.
Phuket Air ?

EmailKid
Old Jan 3, 2006, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

OP here

Well, I haven't purchased anything, but it turns out that we'll be likely spending our time in Phuket. That said, I'll probably pay the premium (something like $10 more) to fly Thai Airways and at least credit my UAL account with some miles, plus, I'm assuming TG has very good reliability on these flights (747s and A300s).
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:42 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Schmutz: Are you aware that Thai credits actual miles, not 500 mile minimums for Thailand flights? Why not forgo the miles and fly Nok Air in Nok Plus (business class) for $12.50 each way in addition to the normal fare. Very comfortable, first class seats, greater pitch, newspaper, snack & drink and first off the plane. Seats are assigned so no scramble like some of the other LCCs. Fare works out to be slightly less than Thai.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 4:58 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by opushomes
Schmutz: Are you aware that Thai credits actual miles, not 500 mile minimums for Thailand flights?
Here were 2 of my UA posting for recent TG flights. I got 500 minimum, plus 25% more for C.

TG 0643 M Class BKK to HKT 500 0 500
TG 0630 C Class HKT to BKK 500 125 625

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.