Community
Wiki Posts
Search

asaptickets.com?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2010, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by annabee
The dates I gave ASAP were Feb 3-17, the ones already selected when I chose Feb. The price quoted to me on the phone was $1249 on Delta (of course, knowing nothing about how many layovers, time of travel, etc)...
ITA shows $1367 for your exact dates and many others in that period (total cost, not sure if this is true of ASAP quotes). Combination of UA and Korean Air.

Originally Posted by AirportGyms
just tried to skype them and then call their direct (866)​ 349-1108 number and both say "you have reached a # that has been disconnected or no longer in service".. eek
Strange, could even have an innocent explanation, but does remind us that it is good to check things out.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 11:50 pm

well, for better or worse, I booked 2 tickets from SAN to BKK for 30 days of travel with these guys.

I researched them and they have an A rating with the BBB while other better known places - like Priceline.com - have an A+ but they also had 10x the # of complaints. We searched United, Kayak, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, blah blah blah and all of the other sites that come up in Google and of course called the main consolidators mentioned here and no one could really touch their price. Plus the consolidators talked about here had pretty much the same flights, times, itinerary but were all like $200 above their price per ticket, have to pay in cash (so no CC protection or miles/points) so I saw no value in that.

In the end, it all comes down to bottom line OTD price. People complain that their online advertised price is not what you get when you call, but to me, the asterisks and the plain explanation that it does not included taxes and such is clear. So, other sites may roll it all up into 1 price and display that so you might feel better about seeing the full price, while these guys do want you to call - but you can do so free on their dime - so why not. In the end, their price - even if not the price seen on the web since you call to get the actual price with taxes and check the real time flight availability - were the cheapest on my flights.

Yeah, their system is odd.. check price on their site, then have to call and verify and get the true actual full taxed and fee'd prices, then they send you a link that takes you to their secure form to pay - with CC at no additional cost mind you - then they send you a confirm you paid, then you wait until they verify the purchase and send you confirm #'s which can take 24 hours. Yeah, its odd. But whatever. I had the time, the cost savings was worth it. Talking to a guy who also sent me emails AND answered emails felt secure as 1 can feel.

I will report back what comes of it. I am staying + and assuming it will all work out as expected. I paid tonight so hope in next 24 will have the confirm #'s and then will call the airlines in a few days to make sure we are booked.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 1:27 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by AirportGyms
well, for better or worse, I booked 2 tickets from SAN to BKK for 30 days of travel with these guys.
I will report back what comes of it. I am staying + and assuming it will all work out as expected. I paid tonight so hope in next 24 will have the confirm #'s and then will call the airlines in a few days to make sure we are booked.
Lets hope ur thing works out ^
Waiting for later updates..
Old Sep 5, 2010, 2:53 pm

I have been scrounging around on the Internet for a cheap flight to Asia and one of them is ASAP Tickets so I've been doing a bit of DD including reading comments here.

A common lament is liking the price but worrying about being ripped off - a standard problem these days. I've not done business [yet] with ASAP Tickets but some comments on how not to be cheated regardless of who you're dealing with.

Contact them and have them e-mail you details of your flights including times / dates/ flight numbers etc. Get a firm price in writing from them including ALL charges, fuel surcharge, baggage-luggage, security and departure taxes etc. Ask them if you will be ticketed using e-Ticket or paper ticket. If e-Ticket how long it will be before your itinerary is with each carrier - then call that carrier to verify you are fully booked and paid. Finally NEVER pay by debit card and ALWAYS pay by credit card. If the deal is fraudulent you have e-mails verifying the charges and what you're supposed to be getting and can cancel the charge. If you pay by debit card you're screwed so NEVER, EVER even keep a debit card. The funds go immediately out of your bank account and then you have to fight like heck to get them back.

The two best sites I've found, so far, for cheap tickets to Asia are ASAP Tickets and Getaway ASAP. Again, I've not used either but I think both will prove to be legitimate. Just do your due diligence, get a detailed itinerary in writing and then pay on a credit card and you'll not be ripped off.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Lets hope ur thing works out ^
Waiting for later updates..
UPDATE:

the holiday slowed things up. we paid for tickets on Sat evening. Sunday was sunday and though they were open, the guy I was dealing with - who is SUPER awesome, nice, easy to deal with, patient - said their ticketing department (the department that handles the actual purchase & CC processing and ticket issuing) was backed up with the holiday rush and so hoped it would be Monday. So, Monday afternoon I did not hear back, but was not worried as I was busy, and when I got up this morning we had our confirm #'s and the etickets in an email.

so, the first few parts of this process are over: selecting tickets, buying them and getting confirmations. now, we just need to make sure that the airlines actually have us on file and then see about selecting seats and meals since it was so far out - 5 months - he said they could not access a seat map and such. He even offered to take our desires and call the airlines himself and set it up, but I kind of want to call the airlines myself in a day or so and make sure we are in the system and confirm that the next key step was correctly managed.

yes, as I said above, it is a few more steps - which I normally hate - but compared to what others - even the consolidators listed here - were quoting for prices versus what we actually paid, it has been worth it "so far".
Old Sep 9, 2010, 8:28 am

UPDATE 2:

flights were in the system, called both airlines we are flying with the next day and they had us and the reservations. I got seats and meals assigned. Though this is 4-5 months out, and I will check back monthly just to be safe nothing about flights has changed, I would say ASAP tickets came through and worked as their part is now done!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:11 pm

Unhappy

Bumping ^^

After trying to find tickets and asaptickets quoting the lowest price compared to anyone else I gave them a call and they quoted me higher then what shows up on their other site oojo.com.

$1864 compared to $1699.70 on oojo.com which after searching their IATN # showed up as one of their 4 sites. The other one now defunct since it doesn't load up. I knew from the start that I wasn't going to get near the $1140~ they quoted online after reading the discussions here about asaptickets but if it was cheaper then any where else I was going to book it.

Oojo.com did end up about $140 cheaper then any where else (this is almost last minute). I called two travel agencies in California, did priceline, kayak, expedia, cheaptickets, cheapoair, and whatever other website you can think of. So I would recommend just using their oojo.com website and skipping the whole calling them up as they quoted me higher then what they offer on their other website asaptickets when i called the travel agent. For those of you wondering i was connected to Nikita.G from asaptickets (what the e-mail says).

I'll just have to see if the booking goes through as the e-mail tells me it will take up to 24hrs for them to "charge" my card so here's to hoping that it goes through.

I will say that if I had booked this about 4 days earlier I would have gotten the cheapest price on cheaptickets.com which was $1300~ so it kinda sucks that I didn't take up that price as I was still tentative about when I would be able to leave.

One final thought, oojo.com didn't let me know which carrier i was going to be booked on until after i purchased and it ends up being the one that my brother recommended not traveling on from international flights because he had a horrible experience (delta). But hell, I'll take it to save some money as i'm already cashed strapped to begin with.

So just check online and keep checking for the best price. The cheaptickets price only lasted 1 day and it was $400 less then what other sites were quoting so I'm guessing it was the last one at that price and it went pretty quickly =/.

Yes, I'll most likely be a one post wonder unless my ticket isn't booked for the price as I don't really travel much. This being only the 3rd time in 10yrs?
Old Dec 26, 2010, 5:46 am

about to fly through an ASAP ticket!

JUST BOUGHT A TICKET THROUGH ASAP.

Long story short, about a month ago I purchased a ticket from a random travel agency that I won't name for a trip to Africa this Holiday season (DEC 2010-JAN 2011), and they canceled my flight just 2 days before my departure, and I missed the next flight they put me on.

because I've been planning on this trip for a while I decided to go online to look for a ticket but all the tickets have been ranging from $2000-$3000+. about a week ago I went on some random website looking for something else, when I saw the ad for the ASAPtickets advertising where i wanted to go for $700 or so... enticing I clicked on it, and did the steps the other person mentioned earlier... called the number connecting me to an agent.. agent called me back with the quotes.. cheapest one was obviously not $700 but $1190, decided to book it because this was still cheaper than anything else... he sent me the email, and all that other stuff...

ANYWAYZ I booked the flight that same day, and my flight is in less than 24 hours today Dec. 26th. I did the online check in through the airline and I've called them to double and triple check to make sure my information is in their system. If all doesn't work out, expect me to give you my feedback in the next 24 hours or so, but if all goes well, then unlike those one time posters, I'll make sure to come back and let you guys know how all goes in about 3 weeks when I return from my trip.

I've had really bad experiences with random travel agents, but I'm not sure if ASAP is all that bad. we'll just have to see how this trip goes. overall, I think it works for some people and it doesn't for others.

GOD WILLING ALL WORKS OUT FOR ME :-)
Old Dec 26, 2010, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Tiny1
JUST BOUGHT A TICKET THROUGH ASAP...GOD WILLING ALL WORKS OUT FOR ME :-)
Amen. And Welcome to FT!

This thread has been blessed with many 1st time posters who have taken trouble to tell us about ASAP.

We hope you will return, check out other forums, and continue as an active member.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by aktchi
Amen. And Welcome to FT!

This thread has been blessed with many 1st time posters who have taken trouble to tell us about ASAP.

We hope you will return, check out other forums, and continue as an active member.
+1
Old Jan 8, 2011, 10:47 pm

Programs: F9 Summit DL Gold Hilton Diamond Intercontinental Platinum Choice Diamond
emlane

Ok just like many other poster I stumbled onto this thread after doing a Google search for ASAPTicket reviews. I was first told about ASAPTickets from my Sister In-law who just used the service to travel from NYC to Geneva and was happy with her experience. The link to this forum was the first link in the Google search and since I have been browsing this site for a while I know the responses would hopefully be from legit travelers, even though a lot of those reporting success were 1st time posters. I guess I have a few questions for people who have actaully used the service and completed the flights:

1) Are the fares eligable to earm miles with the airline and do they
recognize your status in thier program.
2) Are the flights direct, when possible, or do they route you with 2-3
stops and long layovers?
3) What class of service are the tickets in? I would be curious if I could
book y,b or m on DL and be able to upgreade to first using milage.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by emlane
Any thoughts are appreciated.
My only thought is, you should not get hung up on a particular travel agency. Search the major portals like Kayak, Orbitz, Travelocity, etc., and also websites of the airlines that are big players on your route. Buy the best option that comes up.

Unless one is doing academic research, it doesn't really matter what an airline "usually" does. You look at the ticket (connections, fare class, price) actually being offered to you, then decide to buy or not.

Good luck.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 12:36 pm

scam artist with legaleese to cover their ...

ok, checking on a freind I have not heard from for a while, booking from my home airport to Lagos, Nigeria get a quote online of a little over $630...way cheaper than any other service..called them, the cheapest they have to offer is over $1100 first this agent tries to tell me its because they are based out of New York so it doesnt include the price from Utah to New York, wrong my search is for Salt lake to Lagos, then they try to tell me that taxes are not included, wrong again, on thier main page it says that all the prices are including round trip airfare, all taxes and fees...and no place else, NO PLACE does it say that taxes and fees are not included in the searched airfares. Even if they were not included, thats over $500 in taxes on a little over $600 in flight...never heard of anyone charging 90% taxes before.

Buyer beware, they may still be a bit cheaper than others, but at least you know where you stand with places like Priceline and Kayak...I would rather pay a bit more than be lied to.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 1:32 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Brentworth
Even if they were not included, thats over $500 in taxes on a little over $600 in flight...never heard of anyone charging 90% taxes before.
Welcome to FlyerTalk Brentworth !

I see you want to vent a little

Not to defend ASAP, but if you haven't seen fares where taxes and fees are MORE than the fare, you haven't looked at fares recently

Some of the super low fares from N. America to Europe will have a fare of $300, but the fuel surcharge, taxes and fees will add up to close to $400

EmailKid
Old Feb 1, 2011, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by emailkid
Welcome to FlyerTalk Brentworth !

I see you want to vent a little

Not to defend ASAP, but if you haven't seen fares where taxes and fees are MORE than the fare, you haven't looked at fares recently

Some of the super low fares from N. America to Europe will have a fare of $300, but the fuel surcharge, taxes and fees will add up to close to $400

EmailKid
+1..
or check out intra europe fares.. sometimes base fares are abt eur 30-50.. surchage and fees makes it abt eur 120-130

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.