Reload this Page >

asaptickets.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

asaptickets.com?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 3:33 pm

I signed up here just to post my experiences with this frustrating company.

Their website gave me an amazing deal from San Francisco to Frankfurt, $588. Everyone else was around $1300.

I called the number, gave the agent who answered my discount code, and was asked to give the exact same information I'd already entered on their website, plus additional information like my email address and phone number. After all of that, he told me that the $588 flight isn't actually available, but they could probably get me a flight for around $1000.

That's already more than a little deceptive, but $1000 is still a lot better than $1300, so I said OK. Then he said, "Well, it might be $1100." Then he started asking me what my budget was, and what's the most I'd spend. I refused to answer that, and told him I would continue to search on my own, but if he found me a better deal than I could find, call me back and I'd take it.

He didn't want to get off the phone with me; he kept trying to feel me out on my budget, and on what prices I'd found myself, and I kept asking him why that was important. He finally gave up on that, and said, "So, if I can find you a flight for about $1150, would you take that?" I asked, "What happened to the $1000 and the $1100?" He said, "I can't guarantee any prices. The market price is about $1300 to $1500, but I can probably get you a flight for less than that. Maybe $1200. Would that be OK?" I asked why he kept raising the price, and he said he was just trying to find out my budget, so he wouldn't waste his time looking for tickets that I can't afford. I said, "I can afford $1200. I can afford $1800. That doesn't mean I'm going to pay $1800, especially if I can find prices cheaper than that myself. Can you find me a flight for $1000 or not?" He said he'd call me back with the best price he could find, but it might be as high as $1150.

20 minutes later, he called me back and said he had tickets for about $1200. I still hadn't found anything under $1297, so that sounded OK, if not great. So I asked which travel dates (I'd given him flexible ranges), which airlines, and how many stops. Instead of answering, he said, "It might be more like $1250." I asked, "Is it about $1200, or more like $1250?" He said, "It'll be about $1200. Maybe $1250 or $1280."

I asked him why the price kept going up with every sentence that came out of his mouth, and he blamed it on the connection cutting out! I asked, "You're seriously claiming that when I clearly heard you say you could get me tickets for about $1000, you were actually saying $1280, and it was just a bad connection?" Instead of answering that, he then went on this long rant about how there are thousands of people booking flights every minute so the prices are variable.

I told him I'd hang up if he didn't give me an actual firm price. He said he could do it for about $1250, maybe $1280. So I hung up.

Maybe I could have saved $19 if I'd been more patient. Maybe not. Even if I weren't afraid of being ripped off, it wouldn't have been worth the frustration.

And meanwhile, this sketchy company now has my email address and phone number, so I'm sure I can look forward to getting on some new and exciting spam lists.

Originally Posted by Donotlike Thisthing
Their website gave me an amazing deal from San Francisco to Frankfurt, $588.
I just went back and checked their website again. It goes through a search that takes just as long as any of the reputable sites, and again comes back with the same bogus $588 offer. There is an asterisk next to it, but the asterisk isn't referenced anywhere else on the page. They have other prices on the page, which mention actual airlines (unlike the $588), for $784, $1135, and $1300, but apparently these aren't actually available either.

Also, the website says "All Prices are TOTAL and include all taxes and fees", so their salesman telling me that the $1250 price might be about $1280 with fees is even more

You know, when I don't have any tickets to sell, I sell them for even cheaper than ASAP.

Last edited by EmailKid; Nov 17, 2013 at 5:38 pm Reason: Two to back posts on the same topic
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:22 pm

Wow seems like lots of mixed reviews here for asaptickets. I've also been doing some research and bizarrely the BBB accreditation they publish when you click through to the BBB website it says they have no rating...

Anyway, general observation from reading this forum is that it can be hit and miss with this mob. Would it be safe to say that they may be worth the punt provided you had a simple travel itinerary i.e. 3 one way tickets from Sydney to London and one return ticket from Sydney to London?

I've spoken to the agency and asked for quotes on this itinerary and will see what they come back with.

On a separate note has anyone seen another similar looking business called skyluxtravel.com? They also have a very sophisticated looking website but have struggled to find much feedback on their legitimacy on google. Bizarrely when I sent them a contact form through their website I received a response from International Travel Corp (the same owners of ASAP Tickets) but when I called Skylux directly for a quote and told them this they seemed shocked and exclaimed that they were a different company and not affiliated in any way with ITN Corp... sounds a bit fishy to me.

Would love to hear what people know about Skylux Travel if anyone has had experience with them
Old Jun 27, 2014, 5:40 pm

Skylux travel

This is my first time posting on this site but wanted to pass something along. I'm trying to book a business class flight from LAX to LHR and contacted Skylux. I was a little suspicious because their prices were so much lower than anything I could find elsewhere. I spoke with an agent who said he was in SFO but when I received an email from him there were some serious spelling and grammar errors. Further scrutiny of his email revealed that the date was written in what I believed to be RUSSIAN! When I googled the word, sure enough, it was the Russian word for June. BE VERY CAUTIOUS!
gretchendz likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 4:53 am

Worked at asaptickets

D.......................
Old Oct 26, 2015, 5:33 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by LucianBaciu
D.......................
Delighted? Delirious?

Welcome to FlyerTalk

Tom in Hong Kong today
Old Dec 20, 2022, 6:09 am

Asaptickets is fraud travel agents don't book through it

Don't fall into asaptickets trap, they are scammers and fraud travel agents, cheats customers with wrong booking, you end up paying again at the time of flying, it happened to me and many of my friends. They book using fraud methods and take money from you and stop responding once booked.
illegal company
gretchendz and swampwiz like this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Upendar8080
Don't fall into asaptickets trap, they are scammers and fraud travel agents, cheats customers with wrong booking, you end up paying again at the time of flying, it happened to me and many of my friends. They book using fraud methods and take money from you and stop responding once booked.
illegal company
I was just doing a booking at kayak.com, and asaptickets popped up in another tab.
SPN Lifer and pudgym29 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.