Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Is there a current day version of courier flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2023, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM

While I normal travel with family, with all kids off to college next year, would have some free time to travel. Airfares, especially to far off destinations are really high.
Back in the 80s & 90s, I lived in LA. They were always offering flights to far off destinations as part of a courier service, where you checked in a ton of bags and in exchange, got a really cheap ticket to somewhere. Had to be flexible (and yes it was legitimate). I assume now with the extensive reach of FedEx, et. al. those opportunities no longer exist. https://www.gonomad.com/6364-air-cou...t-their-appeal
But is there anything equivalent? Random locations and dates as long as you are flexible?
Would love to do some budget long distance travel, but don't know how to get the cheap airfares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.