Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Ways to get to a destination the cheapest possible way?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Hello experienced travelers. I've been browsing this forum but I could't find my answer. What's the best tool to find the cheapest solutions from location A to B. I don't mind long layovers or having a lot of connections, just to find the cheapest possible date/route. I'm traveling from Europe to California if it's of any help. Thanks in advance!
Ctjames3 likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 1:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Try Norwegian Air flying to Oakland.

Otherwise, Kayak.com is a good place to search for fares.

Good luck, and welcome to FT!
Ctjames3 likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:19 am

Skyscanner has a facility to input whole countries in 'from/to' giving you the widest possibilities
Old Nov 28, 2016, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Is Kiwi.com legit? Their prices are too good to be true
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:38 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Kiwi is cool, but some of their data is limited.

I've also use HelloWings for lcc +fsc combinations.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
...Walking?

Seriously, though, I find sometimes Rome2Rio can be useful in looking at combining flight with ground options to save money.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Read "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac. Lots of suggestions there.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
The best way is to spend the time and use a variety of airlines, airport combinations, online travel agencies and blogs that publish sales and spend this time to get the best result for you. There is not one magic way to find your cheapest flight in one click.

If you really can't find anything, post your desired itinerary (where in europe?) and dates and post the best deal you yourself have foundso far. Then we can help you. But we're not a travel agency here who will do all the work for you.

Last edited by EmailKid; Dec 15, 2016 at 3:46 pm Reason: merge back to back posts
Old Dec 18, 2016, 4:32 pm

Hello,

I am new to FlyTalk, I read your question about traveling from Europe to California, where I live. Have you tried AirTreks? They help to schedule RTW travels and other types of journey. Check them out and let me know if this helps. Happy Travels to you.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:58 pm

Air Treks

While I love Airtreks, I have used them a few times, they ONLY book RTW tickets, not point to point destinations. They did an excellent job booking my RTW trips at great fares!
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Try Norwegian Air flying to Oakland.
If you use Norwegian Air, be sure to go through Norwegian Air's Norwegian (".no") or British (".com/uk/") site; you'll find the prices there ~20% cheaper versus the US site (".com/us/"). Of course, check on your own by comparing the different sites, but this seemed to be the trend when I flew with them last October. And, be wary of your credit card's FX fees, but it should be substantially less than 20%.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:39 am

Choose the Cheapest Travel Source

Well Skyscanner is one app that I found quiet helpful in travelling. You can compare the costs and easily choose the cheapest one.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:25 pm

I usually travel for free, and many times stay in hotels for free. That's typically the cheapest way.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:29 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Demian
I'm traveling from Europe to California if it's of any help. Thanks in advance!
Some of US carriers are lowering their prices because of Norwegian, but for rock bottom prices I don't see how you can beat them, WOW Air or Icelandair @:-)

Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
I usually travel for free, and many times stay in hotels for free. That's typically the cheapest way.
You are obviously special, as most of us have to pay something to travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.