Wiki Posts
Search

Medium term renting USA (2-3 months)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

New to FT so a big Hi!

I'm going to be in Miami in November for about 3 months. I need to rent a private apartment (as opposed to Hotel) for the duration. It's too expensive to rent anywhere at holiday rental prices such as AirBnB and I'm obviously unable to take a 6 month tenancy contract through the normal channels.

Has anyone done medium term moves and offer any advice?
Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:44 pm

Welcome to Flyertalk!

Oakwood offers short term furnished apartments in a number of cities and IIRC they have a nice building in Miami.

You might be able to google "corporate housing" and find other possibilities.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

As a host on airbnb, I would suggest messaging the potential host and see what they can offer you.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
You might look at vrbo.com (Vacation Rental By Owner). But for a rental from a private person, do REALLY check those reviews, references and any other info you can find.

Also, your time is spread over 3 major holidays - T-day, Christmas and New Years, plus some other ones. If you are having trouble finding the full span, you might consider three shorter rentals? Or maybe one up until close to Christmas and then a second one spanning the rest.

Another source is craigslist.com. The same comments about checking applies here too.

Romelle
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Very good advice.

I never thought of corporate housing so that's a possibility as well as messaging some AirBnB / vrob hosts.

It is a little daunting not being able to view a place first for a longer term stay but as you say, reviews are probably the key!

Thanks guys!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
You can also just rent for the first week or two. Then, after you've experienced the place, make a decision as to the longer commitment.

Have you considered ExtendedStayAmerica? Or some of the other longer term hotels? Marriott's Residence Inn is an example.

Romelle

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.