Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Odessa (ODS) -> Copenhagen (CPH) cheaply?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:16 am
Original Poster

I want to travel from Odessa (ODS), Ukraine, to Copenhagen (CPH), Denmark, or possibly Malmo (MMX), Sweden, and it seems quite expensive. The cheapest routing I've found is Odessa -> Kiev with Ukraine International Airline and then Kiev -> Riga -> Copenhagen with Air Baltic on a separate ticket. In total that's about $175. Anybody know of a cheaper routing? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by drvb; Jan 7, 2015 at 9:14 am
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:56 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
First, welcome to Flyertalk.

Second, what do you consider "cheaply"?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: LH FTL

I would consider that a pretty good deal actually....
Old Jan 7, 2015, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wharvey
First, welcome to Flyertalk.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by wharvey
Second, what do you consider "cheaply"?
I was hoping I could shave a segment and perhaps $50 off. I've looked at routing it through Munich, Poland and the Baltics, but can't find anything cheaper. Routing thorugh different airports in Moscow is too risky (I don't have Russian visa).

It's part of an open-jaw trip to Chisinau, Moldova, and Odessa, Ukraine. I found a pretty good routing to Chisinau (Copenhagen -> Milano Malpensa with EasyJet and then Milano Bergamo -> Chisinau with WizzAir).
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:42 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
I think, to help here, we might need some more information like travel dates. Also, do I understand correctly that you need a one way trip,as you already found flights ?

ODS is a 'difficult' airport, as it's mainly served by airlines from Russia and the Middle East, it seems... and the European airlines that fly there have horrible one way fare systems.

Did you already check with AirBaltic via RIX? They have a seasonal route to ODS. Have you already checked other routes with W6 and FR? Something via Rome or Venice perhaps?

ps. Have you considered booking a return flight with KLM instead of booking several loose segments with multiple carriers? I found return flights for less than $300.

Last edited by UltraRant; Jan 13, 2015 at 7:59 pm
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. I ended up choosing Odessa -> Kiev with Ukraine International Airline and then Kiev -> Riga -> Copenhagen with Air Baltic on a separate ticket. I was surprized how cheap domestic travel in Ukraine is, the flight from Odessa to Kiev was 18.49 Euros!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:07 am

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by drvb
I was surprized how cheap domestic travel in Ukraine is, the flight from Odessa to Kiev was 18.49 Euros!
I think recent events may have effected demand...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.