Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheap flight from NYC to YVR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Cheap flight from NYC to YVR

I am in dire need of a cheap flight from NYC to YVR during any of the following dates: Jul 23 to Jul 29 or; Jul 30 to Aug 5 or; Aug 6 to Aug 12. The cheapest i found was $423 on kayak however this was with connections and layovers that would take 18 hours in each direction which is insane. If anyone can find me a cheap flight i would be eternally grateful. Thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by aviman123
I am in dire need of a cheap flight from NYC to YVR during any of the following dates: Jul 23 to Jul 29 or; Jul 30 to Aug 5 or; Aug 6 to Aug 12. The cheapest i found was $423 on kayak however this was with connections and layovers that would take 18 hours in each direction which is insane. If anyone can find me a cheap flight i would be eternally grateful. Thanks!
If you fly to SEA, it may be cheaper, but then you'll have to cross the border, and that also takes time and is unpredictable. Are you finding NYC-YVR nonstops in the $600 range? It's unlikely to be better.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:57 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
This is an expensive flight as most all flights ex US to Canada are.

Originally Posted by aviman123
The cheapest i found was $423 on kayak however this was with connections and layovers that would take 18 hours in each direction which is insane.
That is a darn good price, more convenient will cost more, maybe much more @:-)

Originally Posted by WillTravel
If you fly to SEA, it may be cheaper, but then you'll have to cross the border, and that also takes time and is unpredictable. Are you finding NYC-YVR nonstops in the $600 range? It's unlikely to be better.
+1

WillTravel got it right.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:00 pm

Fly to SEA then use Avios on Alaska for SEA-YVR
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by glynot
Fly to SEA then use Avios on Alaska for SEA-YVR
sadly i don't have any reward points
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:44 am

IIRC there's a thread in Canada or West forum about ways to get from Seattle to Vancouver.

Best bets are train or bus, Boltbus (or something similar) leaves from "International District" which is where light rail from airport stops.

As stated before, your choice is long cheap travel or more expensive quick travel.

Aliagant flies into Bellingham, which is closer to Vancouver, but don't recall if there's an easy way to get to Vancouver from there. One way car rental isn't normally a good option for crossing the border.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
I like http://www.rome2rio.com for checking out transport options. Bolt bus showed at $13. Other options were shuttle bus, train, Greyhound and of course flying ($194).

Romelle
Old Jul 20, 2014, 4:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
http://quickcoach.com/ takes you from SeaTac and BLI both to Vancouver downtown.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by chx1975
http://quickcoach.com/ takes you from SeaTac and BLI both to Vancouver downtown.
Quick Shuttle - they've been around a long time.

Never taken them, but used to see their brochures at Hosteling International hostel close to the waterfront when I would take Victoria Clipper to Victoria in the morning. Sadly HI hostel lost their lease as the area picked up and rents went up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.