Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

What does "express reservation" mean on Greyhound?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I need to put a teenager on a Greyhound bus in the Northeast Corridor to DC around Thanksgiving time. I've never bought a Greyhound ticket before. On the online schedule, some of the bus times have this orange "e" next to them and, below, a grid indicates that this means it's an "express reservation." At first I thought that might logically indicate their "Greyhound Express" service, but as I poke around their somewhat confusing website, I'm not so certain about that (like it doesn't list this route as an "express" route). The reason it would matter is that I want to make sure the kid has a confirmed bus seat, which Greyhound Express seems to offer. I tried calling Greyhound for clarification, but the agent was basically clueless.

So does anyone know what, if anything an "express reservation" means? And, in practical terms, does a Greyhound ticket actually equal a reserved seat on the bus? I just don't want the kid stranded at a bus station during a busy period.

Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:31 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
http://www.greyhound.com/Express/

http://www.greyhound.com/express/FAQs.aspx
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the link but, as my post indicates, "Express Reservation" may not be the same thing as "Greyhound Express." There are many buses, at least in the Northeast, that have the "e" next to them that are not on the list of "Express" routes. Whether that means anything, of course, I don't know, and is what I'm trying to figure out.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
The express buses have less or no stops. Compare the schedule against the regular one and it says where it stops and the length of the stop.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Greyhound (e) notation

I was trying to figure out the (e) notation on the Greyhound schedule to and thought it might mean exiting passengers only - no pickups.

However this doesn't always gibe - and no clues on the website.

Anyone else know what (e) signifies?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mbece
The express buses have less or no stops. Compare the schedule against the regular one and it says where it stops and the length of the stop.
Yeah, that's kind of what I thought but, time-wise, some of the routes without "the e" were actually faster.

So perhaps the "e" doesn't mean much! As long as the kid doesn't get stranded, it will be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.