Reload this Page >

Low-cost airlines often cancel flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Low-cost airlines often cancel flights?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2013, 6:42 am

I have traveled on Airasia, AirasiaX and Jetstar. All of them were on time.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by jameschan2811
I have traveled on Airasia, AirasiaX and Jetstar. All of them were on time.
I have travelled using AirAsia, Jetstar and Tiger Airways often with at least 4 flights per month. I can say that most of the time the delay are reasonable,
less than 2 hours, but delays are quite common.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 7:37 pm

Programs: One or two :)
Surely not too many flights are cancelled in general, as it may have a knock-on effect for the plane's schedule for the rest of the day?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: My travel agent
Originally Posted by GregWTravels
As others said, don't think it worse than traditional carriers - potentially better. The big issue is around recovery. I had a flight cancelled on easyJet to Morocco a few years back during the busy holiday season due to weather at Gatwick. Problem was because they don't fly many flights there, next available seat was 2 weeks away. I had to cancel the trip entirely. I think that if I had been on a legacy carrier, the recovery options would have been better and I would have been able to make it down to Morocco for at least some of my trip.

Greg
You have two options for that situation. In case you really don't want to cancel your travel plans. Either "self insure", eg. put in a separate piggy bank the difference the low cost flights are cheaper than legacy carriers and pay cash for a full fare ticket last minute

or make sure your insurance policy have coverage for that?

Last edited by Wayfahrer; Sep 23, 2013 at 5:15 am
Old Oct 7, 2013, 9:20 pm

Just our personal experience in recent times.

1) FlyScoot -Singapore to Sydney in Dec 2012. Fight was delayed by 1.5 hrs due to earlier delays. Return leg was on time.

2) AirAsia - Singapore to BKK in March 2013. On time, both ways.

3) FlyScoot - Singapore to BKK in Sep 2013. On time, both ways.

A small sample for sharing. Would we fly them again? Yeah. Good value.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:34 pm

In Europe I travel with one of the cheapest airlines called RyanAir and I haven't had any problems yet, hope this will stay this way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.