Search

Sleeping at Chennai (MAA) airport?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2009, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *Gold, Amex Plat
Sleeping at Chennai (MAA) airport?

Dear all,

I have a layover from midnight until around 10am the next day at Chennai airport. Are there any convenient places to sleep at the airport without having to leave the transit area? Also, I did a quick search but didn't find any transit or airport hotels directly on site. Are there any?

Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2009, 4:39 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK SkyWards Blue, SQ Krisflyer
Do you circumstances require you to leave the sterile area?

Are both the flights domestic or international, or a combination of the two?

MAA domestic terminal is relatively clean and spacious, although finding somewhere to sleep in arrivals or departures would be near impossible as there aren't many secluded areas. The baggage claim area of domestic is where i would hang out for a few hours if i were you, its the quietest place you could find in the terminal.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: *Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by afterDawn
Do you circumstances require you to leave the sterile area?

Are both the flights domestic or international, or a combination of the two?

MAA domestic terminal is relatively clean and spacious, although finding somewhere to sleep in arrivals or departures would be near impossible as there aren't many secluded areas. The baggage claim area of domestic is where i would hang out for a few hours if i were you, its the quietest place you could find in the terminal.
We're arriving on an international LH flight from FRA and continuing on at 10am the next morning to CMB on Sri Lankan Airlines. Thus, we'd need a transit visa if we left the airport. Are there any hotels _in_ the airport, especially airside international? any convenient benches we could crash on?
Old Nov 20, 2009, 1:18 pm

Its a dirty and noisy airport once you clear immigration.

Bring a sleeping bag and stay airside, you may be ok.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 5:48 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK SkyWards Blue, SQ Krisflyer
I'm sorry, but i've never flown internationally ex MAA. AFAIK its a bit behind BLR and HYD which have been newly renovated, and this is still one of the 'old' Indian international airport.

All is not lost, however. Just bring something to sit on, like a picnic rug or sleeping mat and place it against any clean wall. No-one will bother you and all food and drink amenities will be available airside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.