Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Budget North and South American Airlines (closed to posting)
Reload this Page >

AF Change Schedule and How To Know If 777 has New Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2023, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US

Hello. AF changed their schedule of my flight. Four of us are travelling.

OUTBOUND:
Original Flight: EWR-CDG 5:05pm - 6:05am, CDG-LHR 7:30am - 8:00am
New Flight: EWR-CDG 11:55pm - 1:15pm, CDG-LHR 7:30am - 8:00am (yes, AF did not change the CDG-LHR flight) likely be 4:10pm-4:35pm

INBOUND:
Original Flight: CDG-EWR: 12:30pm-3:00pm
New Flight: CDG-EWR: 7:30pm-10:00pm

What are my options? Specifically, I would like to know the following:
1) Can I change to a flight out of JFK instead of EWR?
2) Any chance AF will book me on a Virgin Atlantic JFK-LHR non-stop?

Lastly, how do I know if a flight has the new business class on 777? Are the 777-300ER with First class being reconfigured as well?

Thank you.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 5:19 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35053177-post666.html elucidates how to tell which 777-300 J seat you're getting.

The 4P first-class 777-300s will eventually get new J seats, but likely not in the next year (and probably not until after the next iteration of P is revealed, possibly not even until we see new planes with P delivered). For the foreseeable future, first class being offered implies no doors.

A rebooking onto VS JFK-LHR is probably possible if you propose it, as is a switch to AF from JFK.
opus2002 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 7:45 pm

Wow - I just posted nearly the same thing on the flight change which I got by email this morning for 4 of us as well. Flying exact same EWR-CDG flight in August and had exact same change which has screwed me out of our Paris trip as we planned a full day layover in Paris on way to Italy and the 7 hour schedule change messed things up.

I booked with VA points and so far have refused to change me to JFK to allow me to get in closer to my scheduled time despite it being over half empty in business class. I assume a cash fare they'd change you but so upset at them that they won't do it for an award ticket for a 7 hour change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.