Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Budget | Fastbreak (closed to posting)
Reload this Page >

Any problems with SAN location on getting promotions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2008, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium

Has anyone had good or bad luck with this location concerning skymiles promotion, the reason i ask is that SAN is a franchise and it seems hard to get budget promotion to work if its a franchise location compare to a corp location.
thanks
Old Aug 29, 2008, 9:13 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I don't think you'll get any bonuses for franchise locations. For that reason I have never used this location for a promotion, so I can't say for sure.

But then again I think Budget bonuses even at valid locations still only work < 50% of the time, so good luck if you try one.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by srodr
I don't think you'll get any bonuses for franchise locations. For that reason I have never used this location for a promotion, so I can't say for sure.

But then again I think Budget bonuses even at valid locations still only work < 50% of the time, so good luck if you try one.
I just got back from my SAN rentals, both rentals showed my miles correctly on the receipts, first time a budget location had this on it that i have seen, usually its only avis that has it, but then i am not a big car rental person.
So i am confident that my miles should post, but now i want to rent at ANC which is not a crop either. Anyone here had any experience with ANC and miles. Delta has a promo with budget which is better then the CO promo of 8,500 miles, so i plan on renting for 5 days in alaska.
thanks
Old Sep 10, 2008, 11:27 pm
Original Member

Location: UA UGS 1K; US Chairman: AA Platinum: Marriott Platinum Premier; *wood Gold
I rented at the Budget SAN location about a year ago. My base miles posted but as a franchise location I did not get the bonus miles. I even spoke with customer service since my reservation accepted the promotion code, but no luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.