Wiki Posts
Search

Any frequent Renter Perks w/ Budget?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2005, 5:12 pm
cl_
Original Poster

Any frequent Renter Perks w/ Budget?

Switched to Budget for this week's trip, and was pleased with the option of $9.50 refueling for 75 miles or less. This will save me time.

I'm wondering if anyone regularly rents from them. Do they have any sort of rewards for frequent renters? Upgrades, free rentals, etc?

Do any business travellers use them regularly?

My first business experience with them was not good. They lost my reservation. I know I made it because initially the website would not take the reservation because I had not specified the airline, so I had to go back and specify the airline. I got to the rental counter and they said they had no reservation for me. Turns out I had also not received an email confirmation from them so I could not give the conf #. So they rented me a car, but for $15 more than what I reserved, and it was an old beat up (+25K miles) Chevy Classic. Not good.

To check their ability to confirm, I just reserved for the first week of January. This time I saved the confirmation page to a pdf. But still no email confirmation.

However, on a personal trip over Thanksgiving, I was very pleased with them, so I'm willing to give them another chance.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 10:40 am

Thumbs down Budget Program

I only rent with them because my company make's us. Their frequent rental
program is useless.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 11:03 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
My experiences with Budget over the last few years has been getting progressively worse.I will no longer use them and have gone as far as disposing of free day coupons--it is not worth dealing with Budget.

If you decide to continue with them,be sure you have documented everything,including gas receipts for fill-ups prior to returning the car.

As a business traveler renting cars almost on a weekly basis,I have given Budget a fair chance and they have almost always failed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.