Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Budget | Fastbreak (closed to posting)
Reload this Page >

any cautions for convertible in Maui in August?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2003, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Traveling to Maui on my honeymoon in August. I have a convertible booked for 5 days. Wanted to find out from anybody who has rented the same if there are any warnings or horror stories I should be aware of and therefore look for an alternative agency.

Too many times I've booked a convertible online only to show up and be told that the location doesn't offer convertibles.

Thanks.
Old Jun 19, 2003, 5:46 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rgoel:
Too many times I've booked a convertible online only to show up and be told that the location doesn't offer convertibles.</font>
Doesn't offer or doesn't have any available?

I almost always rent convertibles and have never had one not be there. Though I have heard stories about some FT'ers showing up and the agency says that the convertibles are all rented w/none due to come in.

------------------
Visit FlyerTalk Dining http://flyertalk.com/diningfr.shtml
Old Jun 19, 2003, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

sweet willie,
i was just using that as an example. i once rented a convertible online from hertz or avis in RNO. when i showed up at RNO, they said that location doesn't own any convertibles to rent, much less have one available.

just wanted to see if there are any reasons not to go with budget in OGG for a convertible.
Old Jun 20, 2003, 12:31 am

I had a good experience with the Budget at OGG. They are miles better than Hertz, which is an amateur operation at best.

If you are so concerned, just call the local office. I did to confirm what they carry for my car class. They obviously don't have any one-way rentals on the island to cause volatile inventory, so it is a safe bet.
Old Jun 20, 2003, 3:53 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Excuse me, but, in how many forums do you have to post the same inane question.

I assumed that you wanted responses such as a warning that if you are bald, you should wear a hat to prevent cranium burn.
Old Jun 20, 2003, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Oh great king from on high Opushomes,
sorry to have offended you so horribly. I deigned to think that posting in two forums about two different rental agencies would not overly burden your delicate sensibilities.

Woe is me for being so obtuse! Would it were that I had not made you suffer so intolerably.

Seriously, what's the problem? Trying to figure out if there's any reason not to go with one rental agency over the other. Clearly there is precedence for this type of inquiry. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum78/HTML/000076.html

I'm just trying to get more up-to-date information.

[This message has been edited by rgoel (edited 06-20-2003).]
Old Jun 22, 2003, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You shouldn't have a problem with Budget here.

Unless they overbook and run out of them. But then again any agency can to that.

I've always rented one in August (and will again this August) at OGG and never had a problem.
Old Jun 22, 2003, 5:45 pm

Have you tried Rate Code 6T on http://alamo.com for your dates?
Old Jun 22, 2003, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Hi Tenacious,
Yes I did. I saw your thread in the Alamo forum. It dropped the price from $327 with taxes to $184 at Alamo. I tried that after posting my original question here in the Budget forum. I now plan to use the Alamo reservation as my primary and then if they run out of convertibles I will scurry over to Budget.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.