Search

Poor Program

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2000, 3:22 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Flying Colonel, Lifetime Silver Medallion, Million Miler
Poor Program

Budget went from a great program for frequent renters to the very worst in one swell floop! Too many rentals to get a return of any value. Good fastbreak service normally though.
Old Apr 3, 2000, 7:07 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Yup ... this has been discussed once or twice before and I agree ... I loved the old program ... four rentals = four stickers = 1 free day ... couldn't beat it. On top of that, after two rentals you got an "upgrade" ... this was sometimes difficult to take advantage of it, but it did get me upgraded from a midsize to a convertible one time when I was in California for four days ... not too shabby.
Old Apr 5, 2000, 8:48 pm

Location: AA - Ex. Plat; SPG - Plat; Priority Club - Plat; HHonors - Diamond
I rent from Budget every week and am pleased with their program. I only began back in the middle of last year so am unaware of the old program...

However, when compared with Avis, Hertz, National I think that Budget's program today is better than any of the others. I found it extremely easy to redeem points for a free 1 week rental in California when on vacation.

Additionally, with the double points beginning on 4/15 for booking online and the 20% discount for booking your award online, it appears that they are enhancing the deal.

Just my two cents (maybe three)

Jbird
Old Apr 6, 2000, 7:17 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Well, if you like the new program, you would have loved the old program

Unless your rentals are all pretty long that is ... on longer rentals (average four or more days), the new program might be better.
Old Apr 7, 2000, 7:02 am

Location: AA - Ex. Plat; SPG - Plat; Priority Club - Plat; HHonors - Diamond
I'm usually a four day renter every week.

Does anyone know the official double points parameters. On the phone they told me that it doesn't begin until rentals originating after 4/15. However, the USA Today had it in their paper yesterday without that start date.

Anyone know the real deal??

Jbird

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.