Return to other location

Old Dec 28, 13, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Primary: AA & Hilton HHonors; Also United Premier, *wood
Return to other location

Hi all.. first time posting to the Budget group. I did a search but didn't find what I'm seeking. If the information is out there and you can help, pls provide that instead of a flame.

Fastbreak member through work. Rented a car for pickup and return at MIA, but I'm midway through the trip and changed plans to fly out of EYW instead. Called Fastbreak number the other day to make plans and both agent and supervisor confirmed I could drop at EYW without additional fees. Supervisor confirmed to me that reservation was changed. BUT... I don't see the reservation changed in the system and I'm nervous I'm going to get flak from the agent when i show up at EYW on Sunday with the car.

I have names and times from when I called, no recordings, though. Both agent and supervisor were very sure there were no issues and things were confirmed. But I have a bad feeling.

Should I be worried?
Old Dec 28, 13, 9:35 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
As of last I knew (a couple years ago): FL has a state statue that prohibits one-way/drop fees/etc for one-way rentals. The agencies must charge the same rate as a "local" rental. It was originally to promote tourism.. not sure if this holds true still or not.
Old Dec 30, 13, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Primary: AA & Hilton HHonors; Also United Premier, *wood
In case it helps others, here's the outcome. No charges and no issues. Despite the online reservation still saying I needed to drop in MIA, the lady at EYW airport took the car, checked things in and processed the final bill with no additional charges. She commented that she saw it was originally supposed to be dropped in MIA but saw it changed.

I think IAHtraveler is correct re: the FL statute that prohibits one-way / drop fees. Not sure if also being a Fastbreak member helped in this scenario.

Search this Thread