Wiki Posts
Search

Will they combine these?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2013, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Will they combine these?

I'm currently holding a Budget reservation in Las Vegas for 2 days at $42 all-in, with a 3rd day for $32 all-in. Currently, to book 3 consecutive days is over $150, so I'm more than willing to trek back to the CRC to re-rent the car. But of course it would be ideal if I didn't have to.

What do you think my success rate would be at the counter to have these 2 res combined at the lower rates ($74 total)?

What do you think my success rate would be if I CALLED before the expiration of day 2 and asked to keep the car for another day (not mentioning my other reservation?). Do you think it would be for a reasonable $20-$30 upcharge or a ridiculous $110 or so more?

All were booked through Costco.

Any personal experiences?

And yes we need a car in Vegas since we're doing lots of things where a car would be helpful.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:58 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

You can call the day of and check about extending it. It might re-price, though. My guess is that you'll have to trek back to the rental car center.

With Avis, I've had this many times and only once have I been able to call and them check-in the car and check it out again. It's against the policy (what if you damaged the car and had insurance on the 2nd rental, etc), but it was a local station and I knew them well.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 1:08 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Budget does have several city offices owned by the same franchisee as the airport. They may be able to handle the transaction for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.