Fastbreak questions

Old Jul 15, 13, 7:44 pm
SLV
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC
Fastbreak questions

Hello,

It's my first time using Budget. I've signed up for Fastbreak and have a few questions.

1) What's the difference between the Intermediate and Standard SUV?
2) In the event they do not have a SUV, will I be charged the $75 cancellation fee?
3) Which SUV has the XM options?

Thank you
Old Jul 17, 13, 9:26 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
Hello,

It's my first time using Budget. I've signed up for Fastbreak and have a few questions.

1) What's the difference between the Intermediate and Standard SUV?
2) In the event they do not have a SUV, will I be charged the $75 cancellation fee?
3) Which SUV has the XM options?

Thank you
1. Standard SUV is slightly larger. Budget.com lists standard as Edge while the Intermediate is an Escape. In most locations, Avis & Budget share a fleet. Over in the Avis forum, I have a list of (mostly) current vehicles by class so you can see the differences.
2. I don't use Budget, so I can't honestly answer. However, if they don't have what you rented and still charge you a cancellation fee, you shouldn't have any problems disputing it with your credit card.
3. Depends. Most new vehicles come with XM, but they are only active for a short period so only the newest/lowest mileage vehicles will still have it active.

Search this Thread