Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Budget | Fastbreak (closed to posting)
Reload this Page >

Are there "no show" fees for Fastbreak rentals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I've made 2 rental reservations for Las Vegas in a few weeks:
- one for a compact car with Budget with Fastbreak (which has my CC number, but reservation is not prepaid)
- another one with Advantage for Economy car, because it is really cheap right now. ~$40 cheaper than Budget. Advantage does not have my CC number.

I've read bad stories about long lines and poor service about both companies, so I plan to select the company to rent from when I'll be there already.

Question: will Budget charge me no-show fee if I'd go with Advantage in that case?

I can't find any info about no-show fees in the rental email.

Thanks.
Old May 8, 2013, 11:20 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Probably unlikely any charge. But the one with your CC info you might want to cancel to be sure.

I'f you're staying on the strip IMO a car is more hassle than it's worth. Parking is a hassle not to mention traffic. You can take several cabs for the same money and less time.

If you're staying mid strip (near Flamingo Blvd) tell the cabbie to take Paradise. That's a $5 dollar savings each way right off the bat.

Even for a day trip elsewhere you can find rental companies that will deliver and pickup from your hotel.

I never rent in LAS but I've been using Alamo/National for other rentals and neither requires a CC for booking.... Never any bogus charges and so far I've been very happy. Always book the cheapest car and more often that not get something a class or two above that.

Last edited by traveller001; May 8, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.