BA Staff Discounts

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2009, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Stez
Thats superb BBB - going to nag my rellies now
Indeed... I think it is great news.

We have been encouraged by BA to try and book Hotlines for friends who are looking to travel, to assist with generating revenue. But, with the whole "Must use Staff Members Credit/Debit Card" put the vast majority of people off doing it. However this will make it much easier to do... I will certainly be offering to do it for people now.

Regards,
Old Aug 3, 2009, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA gold
From the clauses Lucifer UK quoted - I take it these tickets are totally unchangeable? It's interesting to note it's not for business travel and more for leisure which would imply no flexibility in the terms.

For example, if I buy the usual long haul cheap economy ticket via ba.com, I can usually change the dates for a £70 admin fee plus fare difference should I decide to finish my vacation earlier. Can anyone confirm this is not applicable to Hotline tickets?

Originally Posted by Lucifer UK
Useful clauses:
2.7 Tickets issued at Annual Hotline Fares are non-transferable, non-endorsable and non-refundable. Open Sectors are not permitted on any Hotline booking.

2.8 Tickets issued at Discounted Published Fares are subject to the restrictions, if any, notified at time of booking. Please read all fare rules carefully.

2.12 Hotlines are often highly restricted. Travel insurance is strongly recommended.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Hi Stez,

I just did a dummy booking... Long weekend, 13-17th November, WT, £231.70 Return... and it says, for both sectors:

"Changes
Time/date changes permitted at any time except on days of travel for a change fee of £ 70 or an upgrade fee of £ 70 plus any difference in fare. Changes subject to availability
If you want to cancel your flight
There are no refunds except for any government & airport taxes"

So, it would appear that they do have some changeability in them.

Regards,
Old Aug 3, 2009, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA gold
Thanks BBB. That way I can cut short my break if I get bored with staying in Singapore for too long :-)
Old Aug 4, 2009, 12:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
I've changed a hotline WT fare before, for a charge and additional payment.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Junior Jet Club
Yes, I think the rules are slightly outdated, but the cautionary note they contain should not be dismissed lightly...!

They would not look kindly on a passenger misleading a staffmember into booking the ticket that was in fact for business travel and constantly paying for changes.

That is different from paying for a change out of necessity due to personal circumstances
Old Aug 4, 2009, 11:33 am

I was seriously thinking to book with UA, for my transatlantic trip at the end of this month, because of over 200 dollar saving, but with any luck I could use some favor from a board member here to get the hotline fare to travel with BA which is my favorite airlines... :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.