Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Moderator note:
This thread was archived on 01 February 2015. You can follow the active discussion in the When is the next BA sale? thread.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2014, 12:27 pm

I'm waiting impatiently for an ex-US sale with some incredibly cheap fares. Fortunately I'm not holding my breath.

rb211.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Platinum
WTP sale from the UK?

As the Club and First sale finishes today, does anyone have any idea when a WTP sale from the UK is likely? Prices seem to have shot up, and it seems very hard these days to get a WTP & Avios upgrade to Club to go to JFK, so I may have to sit in WTP but not at these current prices. Any ideas of dates?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by platinumstar
As the Club and First sale finishes today, does anyone have any idea when a WTP sale from the UK is likely? Prices seem to have shot up, and it seems very hard these days to get a WTP & Avios upgrade to Club to go to JFK, so I may have to sit in WTP but not at these current prices. Any ideas of dates?
The JFK route must be the route with the most J availability in the whole BA network!! No sarcasm intended.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
A quick question regarding WT+ availability: I was looking at MXP-YUL and noticed that the availability of fare class "T" has been dramatically reduced; this is also true for other routes or even direct flights ex LHR. Is this normal behaviour during a sale? I was aware that the award bucket is limited then but didn't find anything about WT+ here...What's your experience?

And yes, I know that the price difference between WT+ in "T" and CW sale isn't huge (in this case around 400 EUR all in). But anway...
Old Jun 7, 2014, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by platinumstar
There's a useful archive of previous BA sales on the continentalclub blog here. You'll see that there was a WTP sale at the end of June last year. However there has already been a couple of WTP sales this year (in March and April) so there's no guarantee of another one in June.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by timezonehopper
There's a useful archive of previous BA sales on the continentalclub blog here. You'll see that there was a WTP sale at the end of June last year. However there has already been a couple of WTP sales this year (in March and April) so there's no guarantee of another one in June.
Neither of those sales covered the US (non LGW routes)
Old Jun 7, 2014, 11:48 am

Not a sale (well, not officially, yet) but there are some "good" (i.e. lower than usual) SFO-LHR CW fares to be had starting at $4501 for Nov, Dec and Jan.

rb211.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
A quick question regarding WT+ availability: I was looking at MXP-YUL and noticed that the availability of fare class "T" has been dramatically reduced; this is also true for other routes or even direct flights ex LHR. Is this normal behaviour during a sale? I was aware that the award bucket is limited then but didn't find anything about WT+ here...What's your experience?
It may be that the sale is so popular that the T bucket is filling up fast.

When you searched for T bucket availability, was your Point of Sale city MXP or FCO or another city in Italy? Or did you search out of London?
Old Jun 8, 2014, 1:59 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by Calchas
It may be that the sale is so popular that the T bucket is filling up fast.

When you searched for T bucket availability, was your Point of Sale city MXP or FCO or another city in Italy? Or did you search out of London?
Well, the sale is in CW and the WT+ fare are not very attractive, so doesn't make sense to me why it should fill up so quickly.

I used expertflyer to check availability (also with regards to married-segments); but the same holds true for availability via ba.com; and yes, POS was MXP; and for ex-LON tickets POS was LON.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Virgin FC
Just noticed LHR-EWR/JFK in J for £1595 for July and August....better than the recent sale...shame I can't make it during the summer...i'm hoping for a decent price around christmas time (wishful thinking!) but others may take advantage of this price

(doesn't include LCY-JFK by the looks of it)
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: Executive Club, Skywards
Hi guys....any idea if there will be a club world sale anytime soon?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by avicov
You just missed one.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
The BA ex-EU biz sale just ended at midnight CEST, however AA sale prices are valid for another day and include BA metal. Prices to some destinations have also been lowered. I just booked MUC-PHL-MCO r/t in J/F for 1,440 Euro (GBP 1,150). I've never seen business to MCO that cheap. Interestingly, that fare includes zero YQ.

Last edited by Tafflyer; Jun 19, 2014 at 3:14 am
Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:16 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I don't know if it's a mistake but BA ex Germany I8SALE fares are still active today.

Maybe useful for those who thought they missed it.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
Originally Posted by avicov
I think the title of this thread is the best response for you

"[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.