Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA15 - Is it really a 747? [LHR-SIN-SYD autumn/winter 2009/10 cancellations]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2009, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR

I have (I hope) a simple question to ask. Flying CW on BA15 all the way through to SYD in December. Up until today it has been a 777. Just now I thought I would check what seats were available and the seat map looks very funny - this is on ba.com.

The seat map loads up fine and the usual Heathrow (London) - Sydney BA15 etc... Club World Aircraft type:777 is as before BUT the seat plan allows me to select a seat on the upper deck....

So have BA changed this flight to a 747 or are they planning to put upper deck passengers in the overhead lockers?

thanks
Old Jul 9, 2009, 3:44 am

There appear to be a number of schedule, frequency and equipment changes in progress for the winter schedule on this route.

Best to keep an eye on MMB and your Inbox but yes, it's quite possible that your flight has been switched to a 744.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by leftorupstairs
or are they planning to put upper deck passengers in the overhead lockers?
Probably not as it might be rather uncomfortable on such a long flight...
Old Jul 9, 2009, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Bronze
At the moment the BA15 goes from T4 but as of end Oct will be going from the new terminal 3 at LHR, perhaps they have decided to change the a/c type as well as the terminal. This is a good thing as T4 at the moment is not a good place to be, and the new refurbished T3 should be a nice start for your trip.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 4:24 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Smile

Originally Posted by clubman
Probably not as it might be rather uncomfortable on such a long flight...
Totally disagree!!!

It must be extremly comfortable, as you can just lie flat and sleep through the flight, no one else there to disturb you, you can use somebody's suitcase as a matress.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 4:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Looks like it changes to a 747 from the 26th November according to the timetable on ba.com.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 5:05 am

Excellent.

Can anyone check into early 2010 to see if it's just a Xmas peak thing.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 5:31 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jumbodriver
Excellent.

Can anyone check into early 2010 to see if it's just a Xmas peak thing.
It is still showing as a 747 in mid Feb
Old Jul 9, 2009, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by AW73
the new terminal 3 at LHR
??
Old Jul 9, 2009, 5:51 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
??
The BA part of T3 is new, if that is what was confusing you.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by James S
The BA part of T3 is new, if that is what was confusing you.
Thank you - it's been years since I've ventured into LHR T1/2/3 territory! I thought I'd missed out on some major construction project.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD *S, VS Gold, AFKL Petro Club
Originally Posted by BA1A
Looks like it changes to a 747 from the 26th November according to the timetable on ba.com.
BA16 is showing as a 747 already at the end of October. Is this likely to revert to a 777 between now and then considering that BA15 is supposedly a 777 until late November? I ask because my parents were booked on BA12 31/10 - which has been canx'd - and have been rebooked on BA16. Naturally, they would rather be on a 747 than a 777.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have just been told that my flight to SIN at the end of Oct has been cancelled. I was on BA11 and have been transferred on to BA15. My first thought was that I have lost my upper deck seat, but it is showing as a 747. Fingers crossed...
Old Jul 9, 2009, 6:34 am

Programs: PC, BA Low Rent Elite
Originally Posted by leftorupstairs
I have (I hope) a simple question to ask. Flying CW on BA15 all the way through to SYD in December. Up until today it has been a 777. Just now I thought I would check what seats were available and the seat map looks very funny - this is on ba.com.

The seat map loads up fine and the usual Heathrow (London) - Sydney BA15 etc... Club World Aircraft type:777 is as before BUT the seat plan allows me to select a seat on the upper deck....

So have BA changed this flight to a 747 or are they planning to put upper deck passengers in the overhead lockers?

thanks
Thanks for the heads up. My flight has changed as well. I've been dumped into the lower deck though and there are only 2 seats left upstairs. ba.com doesn't let me move into them!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 6:39 am

Programs: PC, BA Low Rent Elite
Bit strange that the return flight doesn't have an upper deck though!

And the seat plan still maintains BA15 is a 777 with rows 60 thru 64!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.