Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ex-US CW 241 "Public Holiday" offer - book by May 26th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2009, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6

My apologies if this has been posted before, but I've just received an email about a 2-4-1 ex-US Club World offer to London for travel June 1 thru October 31, 2009 to be booked by May 26th. I think this is the third straight long weekend BA have launched a short term sale.
Old May 20, 2009, 11:29 am

Thanks

Thanks I just booked this for the end of October - This is the first sale that went as late as October 31st.

$3,000 for 2 CW seats is not a bad deal
Snagged great seats too
I'm happy today
Old May 20, 2009, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Is it that much cheaper from the East Coast? I was trying to price something from LAX and it's coming up double what you paid - $6,000 for two tickets at the end of June.

Edit: I guess it's the dates. I just plugged in early October and I got the same $3,000 for two seats (well, $3500 actually). Now that IS a good deal.

Last edited by mwalsh; May 20, 2009 at 1:42 pm
Old May 20, 2009, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mwalsh
Is it that much cheaper from the East Coast? I was trying to price something from LAX and it's coming up double what you paid - $6,000 for two tickets at the end of June.
I'm seeing about $3,100-3,200 from IAH, closer to $3,800 from DFW. That compares to IAH published I fares of about $2,800-2,900 which is good when you consider the fuel surcharges and Tax. Overall it looks like a good deal, though I'm not going to know until 11:59 on Tuesday if I can use it.
Old May 20, 2009, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum (+LTG)
Afternoon all

Just received this as well and have booked up to take the new lady to Blighty in September for the first time

$2600 for JFK - LHR isn't bad in my books - plus managed to bag 62 A & B on the UD

Anyone have any other thoughts on good seats for couples in CW ? never had the pleasure of traveling with the missus before

Happy Jetting....
Old May 20, 2009, 8:33 pm

Man the economy must be awful
less than 5 replies on a US$1500 / 950 GBP CW fare

What is happening?
Old May 20, 2009, 8:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
Man the economy must be awful
less than 5 replies on a US$1500 / 950 GBP CW fare

What is happening?
Indifference. This offers has been running on and off for ages so most people who who want to take advantage have. I wish they would stop mucking around and have a decent ex-US sale.
Old May 20, 2009, 9:11 pm

Programs: BA - GGL GFL
Do you have to be a US-registered BAEC member to benefit from this offer?
Old May 21, 2009, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vSFU
Do you have to be a US-registered BAEC member to benefit from this offer?
The T's & C's say "Open to US residents paying in US dollars only for flight departures originating in the US." so maybe the prices only get offered if you log in and your BAEC account is in the US?
Old May 21, 2009, 7:57 am

Received 2for1 CW offer

Hi, I hope this hasn't been posted already, but I recieved this email yesterday:

Dear herbchris53,

As an Executive Club member, you have been selected to receive this very exclusive offer.

Book your Club World fare to London and take a friend along for free.
Flying British Airways Club World (business class) is quite an experience. Begin your journey in our luxurious lounge, then board the aircraft where you will enjoy the in-flight comforts of a flat bed, view first run movies and TV shows on your personal entertainment system and so much more. Book your round-trip Club World fare for travel between June 1 and October 31, 2009, to London by May 26, 2009, and you can share this experience with a friend for free.

The link in the email is for http://www.ba.com/clubworld2for1 which seems pretty generic so I am not sure whether this is a targeted offer or not.

I've already booked a return LHR-JFK for me and my girlfriend in Oct for a total price of $2600.
Old May 21, 2009, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Originally Posted by freelance
Indifference. This offers has been running on and off for ages so most people who who want to take advantage have. I wish they would stop mucking around and have a decent ex-US sale.
The other thing is that it's only valid on flights to and from London and the States. While I know that one could book outside of the offer for travel between London and elsewhere, it probably doesn't meet everyone's needs.
Old May 21, 2009, 8:00 am

OK so the moment I posted this I see a thread on the same topic at the top of the page...apologies!
Old May 21, 2009, 8:18 am

Programs: BA - GGL GFL
Originally Posted by bernardd
The T's & C's say "Open to US residents paying in US dollars only for flight departures originating in the US." so maybe the prices only get offered if you log in and your BAEC account is in the US?
Could a US BAEC member buy a ticket for a non-US member?
Old May 21, 2009, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vSFU
Could a US BAEC member buy a ticket for a non-US member?

I don't see anything that says the first traveller, or either traveller for that matter, must be a memebr of BAEC, so presumably it's open to anyone. Can you see the conditions? The email mentions www.ba.com/clubworld2for1 - let me know if still can't see them.
Old May 21, 2009, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mwalsh
The other thing is that it's only valid on flights to and from London and the States. While I know that one could book outside of the offer for travel between London and elsewhere, it probably doesn't meet everyone's needs.
Looking at how they're doing this over Public Holiday weekends, I suspect they're trying to get mostly incremental revenue, either couples tempted to pay a bit more for CW, or maybe couples making an extra leisure trip, without cannibalising too much business they were going to get anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.