Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

2-4-1 Club offer starts 1 May, book by 5 May, 23:59 (UK time)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2009, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR

Just heard on the radio news, a BA promotion starting tomorrow offering twofers for a total of £1,??? to New York (sorry, missed the detail), also other destinations. Must book by Monday.

Can't wait for BA to tell me! (Nothing on the website yet.)
Old Apr 30, 2009, 2:33 am

From PA News:

BA launches business class offer
57 minutes ago

British Airways has announced its first business class buy-one-get-one-free offer.

The two-for-one deals include £1,666 for two people on London to New York and £1,959 for two people on London to Miami.

The offer is available from Friday May 1 until midnight on Tuesday May 5 and is for travel on selected dates between June and October.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 2:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
Is this only going to be for the U.S. or also Asia?

I am thinking of Honeymoon
Old Apr 30, 2009, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Could be interesting,wonder if the free ticket will get miles/TPs like the QF F 241 offer did.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:10 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
This sounds like a great offer. It will be fantastic if you could MFU as well.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
I wonder if the £1666 includes taxes on the "free flight" and if they get TP's and miles? Given that flights, including taxes, are presently £2100 to JFK for two (with full TPs and miles and including taxes), if they don't it's hardly much of an offer - I'll be booking under the regular fare!

More information required.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, Blue & Silver again!! Monarch Vantage GOLD!!!! HiltonHonors Gold
Wouldn't it be nice as part of "Polishing Gold/Silver" that BA would give their loyal frequent flying pax advance notice of such sales! Or maybe heaven forbid first shot at the sale.
Instead of sending meaningless drivel Emails & letters advising me of a sale with a free upgrade to CW if I buy full fare WT+ or some such rubbish. Or telling me how great the new deal with Avis & points is but if you try & book through the BA link rather than direct with Avis it comes up £100 dearer for the same rental.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:18 am

Shame the offer wasn't extended through to November... need flights to NYC for my g/f's 30th!
Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Hmmm ...

I am sitting on 4 x LH F out / LH J back to NYC in July for a boys trip to celebrate a mates 40th. In BMI land, that would be 63,750 miles + £481 per ticket (F out all miles, J in cash and miles).

BA looks like it will be offering J/J for £833 each, plus 12,500 miles to upgrade each of us to F outbound (if MFU's allowed). This would be mainly offset by putting the other 3 into my HA. No real benefit from the TP's for any of us, and presumably no OB points on sale tickets.

Need to do some thinking ....! Switching to BA would return 250,000 BMI Miles plus £1,850, and I would then be spending £3,300. Even under Miles & More, a BMI mile will be worth around 1p. On the other hand, I can 'print' as many BMI Miles as I want for 0.5p by paying money to the taxman by credit card and getting it refunded by cheque. Decisions, decisions!

Last edited by Raffles; Apr 30, 2009 at 3:38 am
Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, Blue & Silver again!! Monarch Vantage GOLD!!!! HiltonHonors Gold
Looks like the prices are already loaded, as I looked at flights to JFK a couple of days ago and they were about £549 each way now £939 each way.
Also looks like it will not include LGW to JFK as it is still coming out at about £521 each way.
So buy one get one free at a cost
Just like all 2-4-1 deals they put the prices up then say look at what you are saving......
Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
PS. Anyone thinking of going to NYC should check at the rates at the London NYC hotel (the one with the Gordon Ramsay restaurant, and designed by David Collins). They are astoundingly low for a brand new, five star property, especially on suites - some discussion in the Luxury Hotels forum.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by srt8
Looks like the prices are already loaded, as I looked at flights to JFK a couple of days ago and they were about £549 each way now £939 each way.
Also looks like it will not include LGW to JFK as it is still coming out at about £521 each way.
So buy one get one free at a cost
Just like all 2-4-1 deals they put the prices up then say look at what you are saving......
Yes those were the changes I saw... LHR-JFK in September currently £3,751 for 2 passengers CW. Gatwick is just over £2k.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
As the wording says "include" I assume other destinations will be on this offer?
Old Apr 30, 2009, 4:59 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Raffles
BA looks like it will be offering J/J for £833 each, plus 12,500 miles to upgrade each of us to F outbound (if MFU's allowed). This would be mainly offset by putting the other 3 into my HA. No real benefit from the TP's for any of us, and presumably no OB points on sale tickets.
Actually I think it would be 25,000 each J->F.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Hmmm ...

I am sitting on 4 x LH F out / LH J back to NYC in July for a boys trip to celebrate a mates 40th. In BMI land, that would be 63,750 miles + £481 per ticket (F out all miles, J in cash and miles).
I'd be tempted to ditch LH. I travelled LH F last week and was sorely disappointed with their hard product. The minivan transfers are overrated, and couldnt see why the hype with the FCL. I'm a big fan of BA hard products.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.