Wiki Posts
Search

US Sale - Dont get too excited!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2009, 10:18 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
US Sale - Dont get too excited!!

Am I the only one waiting for the next 'special offer' sale on the US site? It says that the next offer will be on the 8th April and I am sat here like a lemon waiting for the next great offer!!!

The $20 off for a WTP ticket does not really excite me at all so I got hooked on waiting for the next offer ........ will it be as good as some of the recent UK offers I wonder?

Dilly - Sorry I did not need to book when the good Flyertalk only fare sale was on. Typical as I now need to book 2 trips back to the UK (hopefully in Club) - why do you never need the trips when the sale is on????

Well I will see what excitement there is tomorrow

Regards AKS120

Sorry just re-read my title and I hope I dont get hopes up!
Old Apr 7, 2009, 10:25 pm

*Waiting patiently*

I agree with you, hoping for something bigger than $20 off WT/WTP
Old Apr 7, 2009, 11:50 pm
Company Representative - British Airways

Hiya,

Not sure when the next sale is or what the new special offer will be, but there is a bonus mileage promotion that's quite good - http://app.ba.com/springpromo

Kind regards,

Dilly
Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, FI, AC
Oh my, Dilly, do you never sleep? I think Oor Wullie should be told about your thorough service :-: to the FT board.

And the offer for extra Miles isn't bad, except for the 'travel must be completed by 30 June' - I've got to fly back from LHR in July. Durr. Still living in hope that there will be a sale for J and W travel from NoAm sooner rather than later, for travel in June and July
Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:12 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Thanks.... I spend a bit too much time on FT. It's an addiction, I tell you
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by ba.com helper
Hiya,

Not sure when the next sale is or what the new special offer will be, but there is a bonus mileage promotion that's quite good - http://app.ba.com/springpromo

Kind regards,

Dilly
Thanks Dillly

Unfortunately because my account is held in the UK I am not eligible for this offer. The cons of having a UK account and living in the US for a while

Oh well - never mind. The latest sale is 30% off WT - unfortunately not what I was after but not a bad deal for those who want it.

Regards AKS120

Last edited by aks120; Apr 8, 2009 at 9:28 am Reason: spelling!!
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by aks120
Oh well - never mind. The latest sale is 30% of WT - unfortunately not what I was after but not a bad deal for those who want it.

I may have misunderstood the messages BA are giving out, but I thought they were struggling to fill the premium cabins, but having less trouble with economy?

In which case I don't get the pattern - on the IAH-LHR route which is the one I'm most interested in, it's now possible to get a round trip 'Q' fare for $483 A.I. in the May/June timeframe, yet WT+ that's capable of MFU is obstinately stuck at $1600+ and CW is about $2,800. I guess they must be aiming to take those fares from anyone who is going to travel anyway, and fill up the rest of the seats with OpUps from over sold economy.

FWIW I saw one quirk - if you sign in, choose the lowest economy, get the $483 fare then select an upgrade you get a total of about $1,270 for what seems to be a 'T' fare, though probably (there's that rules thing again!) not upgradable to CW. With the current change fee being hiked to an outrageous (compared to the UK) $250 the saving would be pretty much extinguished anyway.

Maybe it's time for me to start buying tickets in the UK? The equivalent 'T' fare is about $1,250 and the change fee is around $105 not $250.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:03 am

Programs: BA EC, UA
30% Off WT Sale - A Little Better Than it Looks

Discovered the 30% off WT sale today, of course someone on the BA board already beat me to posting it.

I was disappointed when I saw it was for WT only, but...lower fares seem to carry over to other booking classes, as indicated in one of the previous posts. The trick is, you have to log in, click on special offers, find the 30% promo, and follow the "book now" link. I simply changed classes either on that page or the next (from the left hand nav bar) and got the red D(iscount) fares in WT+ and CW.

I can only speak for routes I check pricing on often, but since yesterday the prices for IAD-EDI have gone from ~$1900 to $1400 (or so) for WT+, and from ~$3,000 to $2200 for CW. So, prices have definitely come down, even though BA is not advertising this promotion AT ALL (it's not on their home page, you have to dig for it and only have access to it if you're a BAEC member (or have otherwise registered on the site).
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum (+LTG)
How are you seeing the 30% offer ? im still seeing the $20 offer ?
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:10 am

WT+ from IAD seems to be on sale

I can't tell if BA or VS started this, but both seem to be offering lower WT+ fares from IAD that NYC for some reason.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:14 am

Ah OK so its not US wide....

Still showing the old offer expiring yesterday....
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Xp8tri8
I was disappointed when I saw it was for WT only, but...lower fares seem to carry over to other booking classes, as indicated in one of the previous posts. The trick is, you have to log in, click on special offers, find the 30% promo, and follow the "book now" link. I simply changed classes either on that page or the next (from the left hand nav bar) and got the red D(iscount) fares in WT+ and CW.)
This isn't working for IAH - I don't get the 'D' and the fares are the same as on the front page, ie the published fares.

Edit to add : OK - now I see something - I get the 'D' on CW fares out of AUS, but not from the gateway. Is this maybe a bug? I'm tempted to snap one up quick and hope BA honour it!

Originally Posted by Xp8tri8
I can only speak for routes I check pricing on often, but since yesterday the prices for IAD-EDI have gone from ~$1900 to $1400 (or so) for WT+, and from ~$3,000 to $2200 for CW. So, prices have definitely come down, even though BA is not advertising this promotion AT ALL (it's not on their home page, you have to dig for it and only have access to it if you're a BAEC member (or have otherwise registered on the site).
Maybe this is part of the IAD special. Shame the AA flights to IAD are so inconvenient for me out of AUS!

Last edited by bernardd; Apr 8, 2009 at 10:30 am
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Blue Box Flynn
Ah OK so its not US wide....

Still showing the old offer expiring yesterday....

I don't know - it's certainly working out of TX. Have you tried to re-load the page in the browser - maybe the old page is in a cache somewhere?
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:19 am

Tried that along with clearing cookies etc... might have to give our tech team a call on ex5555 !
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Blue Box Flynn
Tried that along with clearing cookies etc... might have to give our tech team a call on ex5555 !
Another thought - you are trying for fares from NYC aren't you? This discount, once again, only applies to gateways - the AUS-LHR is a laughable$800 compared to $483 ex-IAH, and it certainly doesn't cost $315 to fly AUS-DFW or AUS-IAH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.