Wiki Posts
Search

Would you refuse an upgrade to F?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2009, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by kered
Are there some F seats without windows ??
Um... 4 E+F and 5 E+F

Middle seats, not next to windows... All A+K are window seats.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I rarely have the choice... most of my seats face backwards... and are vastly uncomfortable...
Perhaps you should be more selective in choosing the seats that face backwards.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, GGL, Virgin Silver, Skywards Platinum, SPG VIP
The magical "beep" upgrade happened twice and both times, I was very grateful and had a great nights sleep. I agree that the difference from CW is definitely not worth paying for but it is definitely more roomy. Service can be unpredictable - brilliant once and extremely impersonal and inattentive the other. It is fab for overnights but for a day flight, I would almost prefer the CW upper deck.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by macabus
Perhaps you should be more selective in choosing the seats that face backwards.
Unfortunately, being a lowly Junior means I usually get last choice...
Old Mar 13, 2009, 11:20 am

Personally I wouldn't refuse the UG on a day flight.....come to think of it I probably wouldn't on a night flight.
I'd probably have to ask how many st**l**rs were in First though.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
CW or F

All my flights in CW have been by the old CW seats and do want to experience this NGCW.

If it's the choice of CW or F - then F wins each time; more personal service and do enjoy turning left Shall be seated in seats 4E & F which are great for couples.

Booked to Toronto in July with partner and travelling First - have access to the Concorde lounge and received a call asking if I wished a Cabana.

Likewise, returning from Calgary and booked on a 767 in CW - and yep, it will once again be the old CW seats

Have always been on 747 or 777 CW, so would be different and do like the idea of having a config of 2 x 2 x 2 seating.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:09 pm

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
I would only refuse an u/g to F if I were travelling with someone I want to spend the flight with and the person isn't offered one as well.

I love the wider choice of catering and the more comfortable seat, so whether it's a day or night flight, that's almost immaterial.

Like Gaz said, "It's F, innit?"
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm just off an ovenight F flight from IAH and as far as I'm concerned, the difference in quality and quantity of sleep between CW and F is huge.

On my normal CW trips on this route, I get 4 hours of interrupted sleep, never managing to get really comfortable and deeply asleep for a long period.

In F last night, I put my head down and woke up 5 1/2 hours later having been dead to the world. Seems to happen every time. I think the extra space and sturdiness and padding of the seat combine to give an experience close to being in a proper bed.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I would not refuse an upgrade to F ! ( Only been op'uped once.

However I have also had no problems sleeping in CW ( unless the cabin lights are on at full brightness all night!)

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 13, 2009, 1:03 pm

Programs: Mucci (for services to Gin), VS Au, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis Pref+, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I would not refuse an upgrade to F ! ( Only been op'uped once.
Really?! I would have thought as a BAEC Gold with the frequency of travel I had you down for that you would be sitting up front far more. Do you just fly paid F most of the time?!
Old Mar 13, 2009, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by tony2x
Really?! I would have thought as a BAEC Gold with the frequency of travel I had you down for that you would be sitting up front far more. Do you just fly paid F most of the time?!
Hi,

My last three flights have been either MFU'd to F from CW or a F miles redemption ( using some of my miles this year). Prior to that it was just wither paid Club or MFUd from WT+ ( always on the upper deck apart from on the 777 and the majority of the time 62k)

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 13, 2009, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by JPS76
Also begs the question, can you refuse an upgrade and what would happen if you did??!!
With all due respect to the OP, I think this is a ridiculous question.

Except as noted by Capricorn70, if traveling with someone in another cabin.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by macabus
With all due respect to the OP, I think this is a ridiculous question.
Not really, look at my post #4 and post #7 from Seated In First
Old Mar 13, 2009, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Seated in First
I turned down an upgrade to 4E a few months back. I had 64K on a Sleeper Service flight and wanted sleep. The seat wasn't that good and I was concerned about being disturbed by dinner service.
Same for me. 4E is probably the worst seat in the 747 F cabin and there would be lots of light during dinner service, a moderate amount of noise and a high probability of being knocked by someone walking past. 64K would be much preferable.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by BA1A
Not really, look at my post #4 and post #7 from Seated In First
I am a firm believer in "to each his own," but I think the vast majority would never turn down an upgrade to F - even a middle seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.