Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

T3 lounges [interim arrangements for BA passengers]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2009, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad

I know that some of the flights have moved into T3, has anyone yet experienced the lounges, if so what are they like, or are they still building them!!!!!!!!! and we have to mill around the airport with the rest of the economy people.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
There are a few OW operated lounges in T3, namely AA, CX & JL. Status or COS (class of service) should get you in assuming they are open at the time.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Thanks traveloguy, am infact asking well in advance, not going out to SYD F until end of Dec, so by then been told by youfirst, the lounges should be finished, so it appears that we will have our own lounges and not have to share them with OW, although again been told they will have the same standard as T5, the impact will not be the same. Wonder who came up with the great idea of putting the Aussie flights into T3, again another mess up with T5, all our flights should go out of there, but the same thing happened with T4, We build a fantastic terminal and then screw it up by moving aircraft and flights around. Here endeth my gripe
Old Feb 15, 2009, 12:26 pm

Lounges

Originally Posted by BA5E
I know that some of the flights have moved into T3, has anyone yet experienced the lounges, if so what are they like, or are they still building them!!!!!!!!! and we have to mill around the airport with the rest of the economy people.
From my March booking to Madrid,

"Japan Airlines Lounge (JAL) 0530 to 12:00 and Servisair Lounge from 1200 onwards
Location:After Security, for both the JAL Lounge and the Servisair Lounge, please follow the signs for the Lounges Zone F. Access is subject to capacity restrictions.

Until further notice - These are temporary lounge arrangements. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."

So the OW lounge isn't ready and I heard that BA wouldn't pay what AA wanted (although not a problem for Gold's)

No doubt a better price was agreed with Servisair, although with Priority pass and all the "other" airlines in T3, it's going tobe a busy lounge.

Anyone got any insight into the JAL or Servisair lounges?
Old Feb 15, 2009, 12:39 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by bmiStar

"Japan Airlines Lounge (JAL) 0530 to 12:00 and Servisair Lounge from 1200 onwards
Location:After Security, for both the JAL Lounge and the Servisair Lounge, please follow the signs for the Lounges Zone F. Access is subject to capacity restrictions.

Until further notice - These are temporary lounge arrangements. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."

So the OW lounge isn't ready and I heard that BA wouldn't pay what AA wanted (although not a problem for Gold's)

No doubt a better price was agreed with Servisair, although with Priority pass and all the "other" airlines in T3, it's going tobe a busy lounge.

I was in the JAL F lounge recently. It's not impressive. A rather limited array of drinks (no champers in sight), edamame and two different (small) sushi assortments, rice crackers, etc. No computer terminals, and I didn't find the chairs very comfortable. It's generally not open in the morning, so this must be a special deal for BA (and presumably won't inconvenience their own passengers).
Old Feb 15, 2009, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
I was in the Servisair lounge at T3 on a Sunday afternoon/evening just before Christmas, using Priority Pass. I had arrived in Club on BA into T5 but was flying on with SAS in economy. I left and went to mill around the terminal for a while. The lounge was absolutely heaving, there were no seats available and there was very little on offer at the bar. The terminal was much the same.

Give me T5 any day.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 7:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY
I'm connecting via LHR to HEL in a few days. My arriving flight is CW, and connecting flight is in AY J which leaves from T3 at 10:20 in the morning. If Servisair lounge isn't open before noon, should I bother trying to get in the CX lounge?

EDIT: never mind, I found out that Servisair should be open from 6:30. Plus there's also an AA lounge. If I can choose between AA, CX and Servisair, is there a clear winner?

EDIT2: I have no status, just a J ticket.

Last edited by speedymac; Feb 15, 2009 at 9:04 pm
Old Feb 16, 2009, 12:07 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci

My booking, also to MAD in early March says:-
"Japan Airlines Lounge (JAL) 0530 to 12:00 and American Airlines Admirals Club Lounge (AA) from 12:00 onwards
Location:After Security, please follow the signs for the Lounges Zone F for the JAL Lounge and Zone G for the American Airlines Lounge. Access is subject to capacity restrictions.

Until further notice - These are temporary lounge arrangements. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause." However I am Gold.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 2:26 am

Ignore the BA gumpf on this issue and just use the Cathay Pacific lounge. It is slowly getting busier from the good old days of a year or two ago when noone knew about it, nevertheless it is still by far the best OW lounge in T3.

The F Lounge has decent wine, champagne and hot food. Can't really recall the catering in the J lounge but it is still far beyond that available in the AA or JL facilities. Both lounges have business centres.

You will have no problem getting in with either OW status or a J ticket. Both lounges were full of Finns a few weeks ago, none of whom are encouraged to use the lounge by Finnair.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by spanishflea
You will have no problem getting in with either OW status or a J ticket. Both lounges were full of Finns a few weeks ago, none of whom are encouraged to use the lounge by Finnair.
The Finns are far from stupid and definitely know how to ensure their bread is buttered appropriately!

The AA lounge in the morning is heaving so should be avoided, especially if your using the F section. Also it's a dump to say the least. [The good AA F lounges are the JFK and LAX lounges which are definitely up to BA/QF/CX standards]
Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Ignore the BA gumpf on this issue and just use the Cathay Pacific lounge. It is slowly getting busier from the good old days of a year or two ago when noone knew about it, nevertheless it is still by far the best OW lounge in T3.

The F Lounge has decent wine, champagne and hot food. Can't really recall the catering in the J lounge but it is still far beyond that available in the AA or JL facilities. Both lounges have business centres.

Indeed AY have contracted with CX to use the CX lounges as the official option for AY passengers in J - I guess the low volume (3 flights per day) allows this:

http://www.finnair.com/finnaircom/wp...row_lounges_en
Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by House
Indeed AY have contracted with CX to use the CX lounges as the official option for AY passengers in J - I guess the low volume (3 flights per day) allows this:

http://www.finnair.com/finnaircom/wp...row_lounges_en
Ah interesting, thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2009, 6:50 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist

Another vote for CX. I think the only hot food items in the J lounge are the dumplings; in the F lounge one can order a choice of a couple of risottos and 2 or 3 noodle soups (with or without wontons). (I think the champagne in F is Veuve Clicquot, but I may have my lounges confused.) The staff is unfailingly nice.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by rfrost
Another vote for CX. I think the only hot food items in the J lounge are the dumplings; in the F lounge one can order a choice of a couple of risottos and 2 or 3 noodle soups (with or without wontons). (I think the champagne in F is Veuve Clicquot, but I may have my lounges confused.) The staff is unfailingly nice.
You are correct on all your points
Old Feb 16, 2009, 7:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rfrost
Also in the CX lounge there are some cut fruit and salads (chix ceasar) in the fridge. the usual Kettle Crisps, biscuits, cakes etc... are also on offer. It is definitely better than AY's own lounge in HEL.

The newspaper/magazine selection is not bad - prob the only place in LHR where u can get SCMP.

There are also 4 workstations with computers that actually work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.