Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2009 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold VIP, SPG Gold, Marriott Rewards, Hyatt Gold Passport, Miles&More Blue
Originally Posted by Roger
Yes. What I find poor is branded goods suppliers downsizing - the volume or weight, not the package - and charging the same price. There have been articles in marketing magazines recently saying that's how some suppliers are coping with the downturn.
He he. If you think back, you will realise that this is what has ALWAYS happened. Don't you remember when Mars bars used to cost 10p? For years they were unwilling to change the price so instead they downsized the portion size. Unfortunately those are the rules of the game for marketers as we don't wish to change perceived "price points" too much. E.g. changing the price of a Tesco Finest ready meal from £3.99 to £4.25 would likely lead to a much bigger drop in revenues and ultimately bottom-line results than dropping the portion size from 350g to 330g.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
From paidtoshop:

500 points when you spent £20 on books. XX-GF3H. Valid unitl 5th April.

Not sure if this is targetted or no .... you might get it in your mailing anyway. Don't forget quidco as well!
Old Feb 9, 2009, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, Bronze
Originally Posted by Raffles
From paidtoshop:

500 points when you spent £20 on books. XX-GF3H. Valid unitl 5th April.

Not sure if this is targetted or no .... you might get it in your mailing anyway. Don't forget quidco as well!
Seems targetted
Old Feb 9, 2009, 12:33 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
First account mailing arrived today. 25 points on laundry products, IIRC - the rest is money off
Old Feb 9, 2009, 12:39 pm

In my local Tesco today they were offering 250 points on your Clubcard if you used Tesco to top up your mobile with a minimum of £20.

ETA: Vodaphone only today.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Similar story here, Teece.

The only bonus points ia a 25 extra points voucher for deodorant - what are they trying to tell me ?
Old Feb 11, 2009, 11:54 am

Got the statement on one of my smaller accts today. There were 4 points coupons totalling 100pts. So this does seem to hint that points coupons were not totally ditched in favour of MOC, perhaps just a temp lull and they'll start to flow back. ^
Old Feb 11, 2009, 1:52 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
My statement arrived today. No points, just 6 x 25p off coupons. Brilliant. I feel like the next statement is make or break time; if there are no decent point earning vouchers -- hell, even decent money off coupons would be nice! -- then I'll most likely stop bothering.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 3:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
There were 4 points coupons totalling 100pts.
I even got 5 totalling 125 points. I wonder if this was a reaction to the last (Health club?) mailing from which I didn't use a single (15p ) money off coupon.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
OT, but when I try to access the champane and wine offers section, I get this error message:

" We're sorry...
... we couldn't find the page you requested.

If you typed the address in, please check that it's correct and try again. It's also possible that you clicked on an outdated link.

Our homepage may be able to help you find the feature or store you're looking for."

Has anyone else had this problem?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 3:40 am

Interesting to see Tesco taking out half page ads in a few of the broadsheets over the weekend to extol the virtues of using your Clubcard points for holidays (e.g. £10 of Clubcard vouchers = £40 of holiday).

Given the dearth of earning opportunities at the moment, and the shift to money off vouchers in the mailings, it's good to see they've still got some focus on Clubcard.....
Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Hi Folks,

Well two of my mailings arrived today and between them 225pts on things that we will actually use so not so bad. I hope the other two are pretty good as well.

I have some trips coming upto to Liverpool and Birmingham and if I dont take the train then I will earn a decent amount of points from the fuel.

Regards
J
Old Feb 16, 2009, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, IHG Plat, HH Gold.
Mine will hit the mat shortly I expect. My worst quarter ever with only 5k over two accounts. Still, as we say here in this part of Scotland, 12k BA miles is "better than a boot in the baws"!!

JAT
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:05 am

Programs: BAEC, Blue for now.
6 vouchers for 25 points each, so good for the miles.
They do seem to think I like buying salad however.... something very strange there.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by JAT74L
Mine will hit the mat shortly I expect. My worst quarter ever with only 5k over two accounts. Still, as we say here in this part of Scotland, 12k BA miles is "better than a boot in the baws"!!

JAT
Well thats certainly true. . Then again I just bought something off of eBay and done myself out of 10 BA Air Miles aarghhhhhhh.

Saying that there are some good things around at the moment like the various Top Up points (both wife and daughter on Tesco Mobile), will even buy a couple of till spits off eBay as it means it will cost me about £10 for 500pts.

Also the car maintenance is back with 1000pts another nice 2400. Might sign up the wifes car to that one as her cars out of warranty.

Was going to sign her up for the eDiets but not that brave enough...dont like getting my "baws" kicked.

Then there is the fuel. So basically within a few weeks I could easily have about 3k of points or 7200 BA Air Miles.

So its not that hard if you need to spend the money on these things.

Anyway the challenge is on....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.