Wiki Posts
Search

New Club World Wash Bag

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2008, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by upperdeckplease
Agreed. Flew in from JFK last night also. Had got old bag on way out; prefer this one, some slightly nicer stuff in it and more useable. Not a great improvement, but an improvement, none the less.....
Crikey! A bag is a bag - But my impressions of the new one is that it is smart, light and rather good. I'd still like BA to offer the 'bits' without the bag on a 'take as you need' basis. So much in there still is n't needed - or required by most pax: For all the 'frequent' flyers supposeldy on here, I see much of what is handed out in F and J left for trash on the plane when leaving.

If BA is going to cut cost and 'extras' this should be the first to go - rather than the food/catering/cleaning.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 8:03 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
I thought the blue pin stripped club wash bags were out years ago, I remember having something similar about 10 years ago, obviously BA have run out of ideas, and reverting back to the old ones, perhaps all been rewashed and oh we have new bags!!!!!!
Old Nov 15, 2008, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by BA5E
I thought the blue pin stripped club wash bags were out years ago, I remember having something similar about 10 years ago, obviously BA have run out of ideas, and reverting back to the old ones, perhaps all been rewashed and oh we have new bags!!!!!!
You are thinking of VS sleep suits not BA CW bags . Don't have an old blue pinstripe one, have loads of different designs but not one like that. do you have a picture, or remember the product brand inside?

The old F blue elongated barrel shaped one with white stitching was nice though.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 11:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Why on earth aren't all the BA bags designed to be re-usable for other purposes? It isn't environmentally friendly to design them for single use. Surely there would be brand awareness benefits from people continuing to use the bags for other purposes (I suppose depending on what people kept in them!).

Simon B
Old Nov 15, 2008, 12:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
I think most of us do reuse them, for a variety of things from storing computer cables, phone chargers carrying jewellery, storing trial size make up and toiletries. I have about loads of wash bags, and only 1 or 2 have not been reused.

Though I must admit the latest design is not so easy to reuse as previous versions.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SimonB
Why on earth aren't all the BA bags designed to be re-usable for other purposes?
IIRC KLM had a series of bags a few years back which were designed to be re-used for different purposes, such as washbag, shoebag etc. I only got a couple but they were reasonably robust and more useful than the current BA offerings.

The other bag I've taken to using is the current QF First Class grey zip-up, which I find is a convenient size and shape to ake a number of things which typically get lost in my bag.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 3:07 am
obs

Programs: BA executive club,priority club Plat Ambassador, Hilton hhonours Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I had a stack of these things in my drawer. Some were 3 years old. I have used some recently on europe J flights, when I only had carry on luggage. I occasionally see them on Ebay. I now have about 4 velcro type MB bags, 3 beige MB zipped bags and 1 Purple AH bag left. I started to make use of them now, after all there is a credit crunch on.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by londinense
gave it to the maid when I got home.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 5:45 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
I gave up keeping them, I keep the eyeshades for school, the socks for my sons PE lessons, use the contents I need and leave the rest on the plane, the MB ones in both formats were at least useable as storage, my sat nav in the brown zip up one, cables in another but the Elemis ones arent even suitable for the kiddies to recycle in textiles class.
I think it should be a zip up pouch that could be used to showcase new British design talent but I am a little biased
Old Nov 16, 2008, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by DFB_london
Crikey! A bag is a bag - But my impressions of the new one is that it is smart, light and rather good. I'd still like BA to offer the 'bits' without the bag on a 'take as you need' basis. So much in there still is n't needed - or required by most pax: For all the 'frequent' flyers supposeldy on here, I see much of what is handed out in F and J left for trash on the plane when leaving.

If BA is going to cut cost and 'extras' this should be the first to go - rather than the food/catering/cleaning.
Actually the crew are supposed to collect up the discarded wash bags after a flight and restow them in the original cannisters for re-cycling. Admittedly this is more likely to happen in F, as it isn't terribly pleasant routing around in the J cabin after a long flight!
Old Nov 16, 2008, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
The only bags I routinely re-use these days are the LH Rimowa ones for their novelty appeal and the OS shoe bags which are genuinely useful when travelling.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 4:24 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
You are thinking of VS sleep suits not BA CW bags . Don't have an old blue pinstripe one, have loads of different designs but not one like that. do you have a picture, or remember the product brand inside?

The old F blue elongated barrel shaped one with white stitching was nice though.
Have never flown VS, so that knocks that out the window, you may be right about it being a F barrel shaped one, cannot though remember the product brand inside, have a vague feeling body shop. Will await to pick up this NEW CW washbag when going to DXB in April
Old Nov 17, 2008, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Mucci Diamond Hairbursh & Mucci des Sacs Exotiques
No eye gel

I received the new bag on my flight on Saturday and was most unimpressed. It looks and feels flimsy and cheap and, worst of all, the bag did not contain any eye gel (replaced by the nasty smelling facial mist).

I asked a crew member to check if she could get me an eye gel from First - which she kindly did. She was also surprised that the eye gel has been removed as it was one of the most useful items in the bag.
I gave the bag to my boyfriend on my return and he asked me why I was giving him an Economy kit.

Disclaimer: The state of the new bag is my only whinge - everything else about my flight was fabulous.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by BA5E
Have never flown VS, so that knocks that out the window, you may be right about it being a F barrel shaped one, cannot though remember the product brand inside, have a vague feeling body shop. Will await to pick up this NEW CW washbag when going to DXB in April
Think it was ESPA from memory, I've still got a foot spray from that kit knocking about somewhere in the bathroom.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 10:18 am

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by Skimo
Actually the crew are supposed to collect up the discarded wash bags after a flight and restow them in the original cannisters for re-cycling. Admittedly this is more likely to happen in F, as it isn't terribly pleasant routing around in the J cabin after a long flight!
That's news to me ... of the hundreds of flights I've operated in J I have never been asked to collect unused washbags!? I don't remember seeing any unused washbags on the plane, just customers declining them. If they have asked for them, they have invariably opened them, thus breaking the small plastic seal and rendering them non-recyclable (I assume that is the correct terminology).

Still, a good idea I suppose!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.