Search

e cig

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2008, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
e cig

Read this and laughed! http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...d.php?t=922881

anbody know what BA's policy is on this type of thing.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 9:17 am

http://www.theelectroniccigarette.co...op/default.asp
Old Oct 31, 2008, 9:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
With it being electronic it will probably mean you can't use it during take off and landing

Seriously though, I wonder if we will see a "ruling" on these aboard aircraft, like we have for mobile phones.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BA1A
Seriously though, I wonder if we will see a "ruling" on these aboard aircraft, like we have for mobile phones.
I would guess so, can you imagine the kerfuffle it would cause walking to the toilet with one of them sticking out the mouth.

I'm a smoker and I can survive 14 hour flights without any bother so I won't be in any rush to get one.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:03 am

Programs: BA GGL
I think it's the smoke that comes from them which will bother people (even if it does not smell or cause health problems), especially on a plane. Interesting product though and can see it becoming more popular, especially as they are legal in pubs and public places.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:46 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by Irish lad
I think it's the smoke that comes from them which will bother people
There is no smoke from them, so no problem there.

bjorns
Old Oct 31, 2008, 11:30 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by bjorns
There is no smoke from them, so no problem there.

bjorns
There's something that "looks" remarkably like smoke in the promo video at http://www.theelectroniccigarette.co...op/default.asp

Old Oct 31, 2008, 11:32 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by OPebble
There's something that "looks" remarkably like smoke in the promo video at http://www.theelectroniccigarette.co...op/default.asp

I saw them on the news a few weeks ago - apparently it is steam, IIRC?

Not seen one yet, however.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 11:33 am

Programs: BA GGL
They do produce "smoke" (well a vapour of some sort). See the video here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7658603.stm

Unless there is a type that does not?
Old Oct 31, 2008, 12:38 pm

I got mine today. You DO get what appears like smoke although it's water vapour and dissipates almost immediately. I must say it's fantastic, you get your hit of nicotine and it's very close to smoking a fag. I fly on Monday and shall certainly use it but it does look like a real one so I won't "smoke" it in the cabin as there will certainly be confrontation. I spoke to someone who used one last week and they went to the toilet for a "fix". It didn't (and couldn't) set off the smoke alarm so that's what i'll do.
On a side note, since I started using it this morning I haven't had, or indeed wanted a real one. And this is from a confirmed heavy smoker for 30 years. I really believe this may be the magic cure for me. Think about it, you get the nicotine "hit" you blow out what seems like smoke, and it's completely harmless to you and those around you. Vive la e-cig!!
Old Oct 31, 2008, 3:59 pm

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
can you tell me what strength of cartridge you used to not have real cigarette cravings, sounds like a miracle cure, I could be puffing away at work instead of driving round the block
Old Oct 31, 2008, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by pinkcat
can you tell me what strength of cartridge you used to not have real cigarette cravings, sounds like a miracle cure, I could be puffing away at work instead of driving round the block
I use the high strength and it certainly gives you the "hit". I suppose you eventually go to medium and then low strength as cravings diminish. Al I can say is it is working for me, and I am the worlds biggest sceptic!
Old Nov 1, 2008, 6:09 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by indianwells
I use the high strength and it certainly gives you the "hit". I suppose you eventually go to medium and then low strength as cravings diminish. Al I can say is it is working for me, and I am the worlds biggest sceptic!
thanks I ordered the high strength, now I am wondering if I shoukd have gone for the medium as although I smoke roll ups (classy I know) I only smoke about 15 a day, I would like to get my nicotine in another form,its tiresome being addicted to a chemical that is so inconvenient to use
Old Nov 1, 2008, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, M&M, PC PlatAmb, Marriott, SPG
Got me thinking... if the e cig doesn't set off smoke (just water vapour), doesn't actually burn in any form, won't cause something to lit up in fire, has no noxious fumes etc.

Then IMO, what an airline should do if they wanted to make a quick buck, is authorize them on a flight, and not only that, the first thing they should do with the pre-flight drinks or first service, is to also offer an e cig for a certain price.

Naturally one would think that you would sell these with the tax free goods, but those usually come in so late with the trollies (on the short flights), that they might as well offer them straight away and show those who need a fix, how to operate it correctly.

If the price was right (high enough, yet still tempting), it would keep the junkies... err, cigarette afficionados happy, they could have their fix or two during a flight, it would be safer then someone smoking a cigarette illegally on board, and could bring in a few hundred £ more per flight, who knows

I wouldn't really mind if someone smoked this next to me, already have one friend who does and I didn't feel 'threatened' by the e cig in any way or manner. It didn't smell bad, looked quite harmless really.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 8:02 am

According to this electronic cigarette information site, the electronic cigarette is totally legal to use indoors simply because it does not contain any tobacco, any flames and does not emit smoke.

It's no substitute for the real thing however, so I can't imagine it catching on as much as people say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.