Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Supplementing info on BA's poor lounge directory

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Supplementing info on BA's poor lounge directory

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2008, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Gold
Originally Posted by LHR Tim
But is the little lounge mouse stil there??
Little mouse? The creature in the BOM Clipper lounge was either a very big mouse or more likely a small rat. Either way, it doesn't seem to have enough status to be allowed into the new "Premier" lounge!
Old Nov 5, 2008, 4:26 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
re HEL, you might want to make it clear there are (seemingly) thousands of lounges there!
I see that the OneWorld site lists 4 Finnair and 3 third party lounges.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by virtualtroy
TLS (Toulouse)
- Single airside contract lounge shared by all airlines with pax eligible for access
- A deeply depressing place, but less depressing than the rest of the airport
- There is champagne in the fridge and there are terminals with internet access
Additional information for TLS (Toulouse):
- Turn left after security (but before passport control) and go up a flight of stairs. Opening hours are 6.10-21.00 (although it sometimes opens late, making it more or less useless for BA7950).
- Three computers with Internet access and printers. Fax.
- Coffee machines plus Pastis, whisky, gin, wine, beer and soft drinks. Peanuts and chocolate biscuits.
- No mobile phones, No smoking.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 11:35 am

PRN (Pristina)

- Third party lounge located after passport control and security
- Ask for a voucher from the BA counter (not the check-in desk) before going through passport control
- Waiter service of coffee and a limited range of alcohol and soft drinks
- Very limited selection of magazines and newspapers (mainly German)
- Wifi Internet access (in theory, wasn’t working today)
- Lounge has its own toilets
- No smoking in the lounge (but the smoking room is next door)
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by Flying Winemaker
Additional information for TLS (Toulouse):
- Turn left after security (but before passport control) and go up a flight of stairs. Opening hours are 6.10-21.00 (although it sometimes opens late, making it more or less useless for BA7950).
- Three computers with Internet access and printers. Fax.
- Coffee machines plus Pastis, whisky, gin, wine, beer and soft drinks. Peanuts and chocolate biscuits.
- No mobile phones, No smoking.
And to supplement that, not sure if the policy has changed, but somewhat bizarrely the lounge always used to close during ski season.

DEL (New Delhi)
- Lounges located between immigration and security, upstairs to the right as you pass through immigration (NB there is a dedicated lane in both immigration and security for those with J / F BPs). I used one of the general lanes at security - fewer DYKWIAs
- BA ground staff will come and call the flight when it's time to leave - nice personal touch
- Both F and J pax appeared to have access to the same (contract) facility, shared with a bunch of other airlines: The Oberoi Clipper Lounge
- Can get crowded with flights leaving at around the same time, BA reserves around a third of available seating: World of Leather-esque sofas and armchairs and more basic table and chair affairs
- There is a separate BA-badged lounge adjacent to the Clipper one, I suspect this is for BA Silvers, Golds and equivalent OW members; looked quite basic and most likely leased from the even more basic, but charmingly authentically Indian pay lounge next door
- Back to the Oberoi... a small selection of English-language magazines, if you're lucky a one or two-day-old British newspaper (most likely theTelegraph)
- Drinks: a vin de pays Chardonnay that I've never heard of and which wouldn't look out of place in a BD lounge. A bit rough. A similarly rough red. Basic selection of spirits
- Food: quite a spread of sandwiches and Indian staples of the meat and non variety. Having managed a few days in India without succumbing to Delhi-belly, I didn't feel brave enough to try any of them. But they looked reasonable, on a staff canteen type of level
- Lots of people tapping away on their computers but not sure if that meant net access, paid or otherwise, as I didn't bother trying to log on there
- A single unisex toilet. Can be a bit damp underfoot, but mainly on account of constant mopping, rather than lack of basic hygiene
- I'd dreaded heading to this place, based on the accounts I'd read on FT about the state of lounges in India. Not the most inviting waiting room, but I've seen much worse
Old Dec 15, 2008, 3:33 pm

Programs: BAEC
Tirana lounge (and entry tax)

Third party lounge after security and passport control. No need for a voucher (at least if travelling in Club).

The lounge is on the first floor, above the main departure lounge. There's plenty of seating, and I doubt that it ever gets particularly full.

There's a small selection of snacks, a range of spirits and some beer. I couldn't see any wine (but I didn't look very hard).

There are 2 computers with internet access.

One other point about Tirana Airport. The guide books say that UK passport holders are required to pay a 10 euro arrival tax, but no-one asked me for it. I was a bit worried that this might cause problems on departure, but it didn't. Perhaps the requirement no longer applies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.