Search

Connection in ATH

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2008, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Silver (exPPS:(, Tesco sad, FR £0.01
Connection in ATH

Hello,
I will be flying from SIN to LHR via ATH (as my flight will be hours after Singapore F1 Gran-Prix - all direct flights to London as well as flights to FRA, CDG, ZUR, AMS are solid overbooked). I managed to find only ATH to get me to Europe (on SQ) that day.

I will arrive ATH on 07:20 (with SQ J and hand-laggage only). What are my chances to make quick connection to BA631 departing 08:15?
Is it too short time for reality of ATH airport, transfer hall, distances between transfer desks and gates, security delays etc?
I recall ATH has always had a bit dubious reputation (at least before 2004 Olympic Games) but I will be passing it during low season, early morning on Tuesday...

My next option is OA (Olympic Airline) leaving ATH mid morning.
Any thoughts about OA? I am a bit concerned about their safety records (as far as I remember). What about their J?

Any advise (any other connection options in Europe?) would be very welcome, many thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2008, 3:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Assuming your flight arrives on time (which with SQ should be no problem) then you should be fine. The new airport is efficient and since you'll have hand-luggage only you'll be all set. I would just OLCI and PYOB so you can skip the transfer desk on arrival.

SQ and BA both fly from the non-Schengen part of the terminal making the connection even easier. And you'll connect airside - so no problems.

But, if I were you i'd get a flexible ticket just in the off chance there's a last minute glitch on your inbound.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.