Wiki Posts
Search

OT - US VWP Changes?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2008, 8:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

OT - US VWP Changes?

I just read on BA.com regarding changes to the US VWP and you need to obtain a new Travel authorisation from early 2009.

Has anyone obtained this yet?
Old Aug 10, 2008, 9:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
All of the details are here: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id_visa/esta/

there is absolutely no good reason to do this in advance of the deadline in 2009.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 12:43 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by IHEARTNY1
I just read on BA.com regarding changes to the US VWP and you need to obtain a new Travel authorisation from early 2009.

Has anyone obtained this yet?
Yes and was one of the many who found a bug in the process. The Yanks didn't know that one can have a UK passport with > 10 years duration! This has now been changed!

IMHO if you are planning a trip to the USA it is better to get this out of the way before you get to just before your departure and find you have been rejected and need to take time to sort out why!
Old Aug 11, 2008, 12:55 am

Programs: BA, QR, OW loyal.
Originally Posted by star_world
there is absolutely no good reason to do this in advance of the deadline in 2009.
Disagree.

I wonder how many pax will register for this the day before they travel and get a refusal, meaning if I understand the regulations you are then into a full visa application through the US Embassy, which takes a month+.

I registered both myself and my wife last week, we both got accepted, no problem. But with me travelling in February, I would rather have found out now that I was being bounced than in January.

Sounds like a good reason to register in advance of the deadline to me.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Gold BD Silver Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond
registered last week in advance for our christmas trip to PHX, but thought it was worth getting out the way, as I often need to go to the US on short notice. Did seem relatively painless, but same info as you put into the I94 so duplicated effort, as i assume will still have to manually complete and I94 when on the inbound flight, now if they could allow you to pre print fromt his info that would be a step forward

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.