Wiki Posts
Search

Totally OT (sorry): Chek in at BHX

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2008, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Totally OT (sorry): Chek in at BHX

I'm sorry that this is off topic. Does anyone know what time Terminal 1 at Birmingham opens -I am on the 06:25 bmibaby flight to Amsterdam on Monday and check in is showing as 04:25 -is the airport going to be open at that time.

Ps- is there an appropriate forum where I can post this type of message in the future? I suppose the BD forum would be a place to start given its bmi(baby)...
Old Jul 9, 2008, 2:34 am

Programs: Muccihood (Services to Poetry),BAEC Blue, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Silver, Mollie Sugden Fan Club
http://www.bhx.co.uk/page.aspx?type=...2rysQUPF3K8=#8

Open 24 hours - and I should guess that check in will be open at T-2 hours
Old Jul 9, 2008, 3:31 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
BHX is like Hotel California (sans the nice things) - open at all times, but it does feel like you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

There is OLCI if you need it though. Could be helpful as those queues at BHX can stretch far when they want to...
Old Jul 10, 2008, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Thanks for the fast replies. I can't OLCI for bmibaby I don't think, because I am checking luggage -that's how I understood their website.

Thanks again
Old Jul 10, 2008, 9:32 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
If I remember rightly, BMI Baby has the right hand side of the main check-in hall (ground floor) in T1 (before the extension check-in area where LH, SK, EI and other real airlines live)

See http://www.bhx.co.uk/vtour/index.html#/T1L1 (how twee. An interactive map)

Once you've checked in, up the escalator to the food court (again open 24 hours) and through security to the departures lounge... which does get boring quickly.

It is all dependant on how many flights are going at 6 am in the morning. I've arrived 1 1/2 hours in the past for the 08:10 EI BHX-DUB run, and have found either I pass though security with 5 minutes to go until pushback or 1 1/4 hours of browsing Duty Free

Alas, as you have stated - there's only OLCI if you're not checking luggage. A bit of a pain really.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 11:30 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, FlyerTalk Evangelist XXVIII
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
I'm sorry that this is off topic. Does anyone know what time Terminal 1 at Birmingham opens -I am on the 06:25 bmibaby flight to Amsterdam on Monday and check in is showing as 04:25 -is the airport going to be open at that time.
Cant you simply telephone the airport and ask? Seems to me this would be much easier and you'd actually be given the correct info rather than "I think this" or " I think that"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.