Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dedicated Club check-in at T5

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2008, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Having worked in Zone E queue combing I can understand why you rarely get someone approaching you to check in - the queue combers direct them to the bag drop desks instead before they even get to a desk. Some of the comments made by these passengers would tell you just how upset they are to be treated like that.

We've always been told that only if a passenger becomes absolutely adamant should they be allowed to come to one of the desks there.
I think its not a bad idea that these pax are sent away from Zone E for check in by the queue combers as some of our transactions can take up to 15 minutes (sometimes lasting up to about 30 min - 45 min if its a complex issue) so to allow someone to stand in a queue when we're busy would be a little unfair.

There's also the fact that we're not that au fait with check in and it takes us 3 times as long.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by xxxxx
There's also the fact that we're not that au fait with check in and it takes us 3 times as long.
I know!!!!! In the first few days after opening I found it amusing that some A5's were asking LGW A3's how to do check in They were really nice to us and we were all laughing about it.

But, seriously, this does highlight the need for a specific CW/CE/Silver check in - ticket issues can often be lengthy and complicated so .......
Old Jul 7, 2008, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
But, seriously, this does highlight the need for a specific CW/CE/Silver check in - ticket issues can often be lengthy and complicated so .......
Definately. Using Zone H for Club/Silver FBD will also achieve a more even distribution of pax accross the zones so even economy pax stand to benefit.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 6:23 pm
Gaz

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Gold
Originally Posted by xxxxx
Didn't mean to be funny its just that I did put a "however" at the end of my statement and it was the however you were talking about.
Sorry, no worries

Now with reference to this:

Well I never knew that VS UC pax had to walk through the normal terminal after going through the UC wing. The Virgin ads and video make it look as if the lounge is attached to the wing.

How long is the walk from UC check in through T3 to the lounge?
I was v surprised about this too when flying UC recently.

It's a fair old walk - just as long as if you had gone through regular security - you basically enter the main T3 departures area on the far left of the security scanners after clearing through the private channel. From then you go past / through the shoe scanning area, through duty free, then you can slink down the left hand side of the main lounge area before turning left towards the gates and lounges. The clubhouse isn't far from there though.

In all honestly the security benefit isn't that faster than regular T3 Fast Track... the only difference is you don't have to trudge upstairs to the main pre-security departures which can be a bit of a jungle.

The lounge can also be an annoyingly long walk to the gate if you're flying to the US... although that's a problem with T3 generally.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Greg66
When when when?

Before 1 August?
As of today I believe - at Zone H.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Gold Passport, Tesco clubcard!
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
As of today I believe - at Zone H.
Yes... deicated club checkin is now available to use in Zone H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.