Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT – How to access flight data ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2008, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
OT – How to access flight data ?

I know this has nothing to do with BA, but it does relate to something I’ve seen here in the past & also as this has been my “home board” on FT for a long time, I thought I’d ask here.

So please spare me the “prod” & the “flaming”

I’ve seen in the past on here, someone posting data on a particular flight that may have been diverted, or involved in some such event. It looked like official info downloaded from ATC or the airlines op’s department, stating the reason for the event & I’d like to know how to get this info.

I was on a AF / Cityjet flight yesterday CDG-DUB, which did a go-around at DUB followed by a full turn out of fire crews on landing. With seven fire trucks following us down the runway, with one stationed at the tail of the aircraft with the foam cannon pointed at the APU, as we disembarked.

The Captain told us over the intercom, that he had got an indication on short finals & did the go-around to check it out & that all was well, so we would return to the airport.

But I’d love to know the full story & remembered someone in the past being able to post up official looking data on flights before, that may have had an issue.

So can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction ???

Cheers

Kered
Old Jun 20, 2008, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
I believe you need direct access to an airline system to get FLIFO information. Maybe a friendly lurker could help ?

Alternatively, you might get something useful from Flightstats or http://www.acarsd.org/acars_search.html

hth

Last edited by dunk; Jun 20, 2008 at 9:30 am
Old Jun 20, 2008, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
ACARS !

Yeah that's it ^

I couldn't remember the correct term.

I kinda reckoned alright that you might need “privileged” access to an airline’s system, to get the info.

I just recall some time ago, there being a question posed over a diverted or delayed flight & someone posting up the relevant info.

I’ll have a look at that link dunc thanks ^

Last edited by kered; Jun 20, 2008 at 11:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.