Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Gold card open door policy: can I still use the T1 lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold card open door policy: can I still use the T1 lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2008, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by OPebble
As far as I can see Gate 5 Terraces are in a oneway street with no obvoious way of back tracking!
And what if I am travelling BD international?
Old Jun 19, 2008, 8:26 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by clubman
And what if I am travelling BD international?
The BA Gate 5 is down a one way route and AFAIK once committed to that route your only option is Gate 5. However I am sure that there will be FTalkers who will accept the challenge!
Old Jun 19, 2008, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
No. The International departures route is still separate from the Domestic departures route. You have no access to the Terraces from the Domestic area.
Confused by many of the replies, because I did exactly that a couple of weeks ago - I used the BA lounge in T1 when travelling to Dublin on EI. But it may have been the fact that I came off international transit that allowed me to do so? Anyway came in to T4, bussed airside to T1, went rhough security and passport check, found myself in the T1 shopping complex, headed to the BA lounge, the security people checked my ticket and said "that doesn't count as international, you can't go that way". I explained I was just going to the BA lounge and would come back in due course, he had a word with the supervisor and said it's fine. Since I was already in the T1 international lounge there's no passport point between there and the BA T1 lounge, so once the security guy said fine it was ok. The desk-girls in the BA lounge didn't even blink an eyelid when I checked in to them, I obviously wasn't the first of the day.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by OPebble
All PAX now mix in the Shopping Mall but once you leave the mall DOM and INT are separated, there are BAA Helpers inspecting BPs at the point where you go oneway for Gate 5 and another way for the rest.

As far as I can see Gate 5 Terraces are in a oneway street with no obvoious way of back tracking!
Again, based on my recent excursion, its simple to backtrack. Go out the door of the lounge and instead of turning left to gate 5, turn right and go back down the corridor until you reach the BP checkpoint, then do a u-turn and you get to the gate 80-90 Dublin gates. Can't recall exactly when I did passport control, but must have been on the route between the BP checker in T1 and the Dublin gates.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 8:21 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Sorted it this morning. As there is now only 1 security point in (the old intl one) you enter and clear the biometrics and the screening.

You then leave and turn left towards the lounges - the signs point you to both the BD and BA Terraces lounges.

Instead of exiting the T1 intl side and going through the biometric checks into T1 dom, you can take the escalator up to the BA terraces lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.