Wiki Posts
Search

MMB for Malev codeshare on BA flights?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2008, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
MMB for Malev codeshare on BA flights?

I am flying to LJU in Y on Malev via BUD, and the LHR-BUD flights are BA as MA codeshare. Should I expect to be able to use MMB for the BA flights?

I have the BA booking reference, but MMB gives me "Sorry, due to a system error, we are unable to display your booking." I believe I have previously used MMB for BA flights as AY codeshare.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 1:54 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by nbevan
I am flying to LJU in Y on Malev via BUD, and the LHR-BUD flights are BA as MA codeshare. Should I expect to be able to use MMB for the BA flights?

I have the BA booking reference, but MMB gives me "Sorry, due to a system error, we are unable to display your booking." I believe I have previously used MMB for BA flights as AY codeshare.
MMB certainly works for Qantas and even Jetstar which isn't in OW. I flew Malev a fair bit last year and don't remember it not showing in MMB, but can't be sure.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 2:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum

I am sure it did NOT work when I last flew LHR-BUD on MA (on BA metal)

Generally, the BA/MA systems don't seem too compatiable. I also seem to remember reading here that MMB for AY was introduced relatively recently.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The MA booking creates a duplicate BA booking reference, which will be listed in your list of bookings in MMB.

However, unlike with AY bookings on BA, it is useless, as it just returns an error message if you try and open the booking.

What you can do, however, is call BA quoting the BA booking reference (not the MA one) and get BA to confirm you a seat.

Also, unlike with AY, you will not be able to do OLCI.

Oh, and don't expect the miles/TPs to post either.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 4:02 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Hiya, can you PM me your pnr please.

Thanks,

Dilly
Old Feb 7, 2008, 7:16 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Oh, and don't expect the miles/TPs to post either.
mine did last month without any problem.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by antichef
mine did last month without any problem.
that was to meet BA's target of having one MA flight post normally per year.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The MA booking creates a duplicate BA booking reference, which will be listed in your list of bookings in MMB.

However, unlike with AY bookings on BA, it is useless, as it just returns an error message if you try and open the booking.

What you can do, however, is call BA quoting the BA booking reference (not the MA one) and get BA to confirm you a seat.
3 years on, and still the same problem. The BA ghost booking appears unders MY BOOKINGS, but will not open if I select Manage My Booking. I just get an error message.

However, both bookings - the MA one and the BA one work for OLCI, and both will allow me to PYOBP, both showing the BA868 as the flight number. ^

Also, I can get a BP on my Blackberry, however, this shows the flight number as MA4868. ^

So, getting there, but not there yet.

Meanwhile MA's own OLCI and PYOBP works well for the onward flight from BUD, and has no problem with the first sector being BA operated. A few interesting features of MA's OLCI - it works from 36 hours before departure, and allows you to go back and change seats even after you have PYOBPed. Interesting, I could print a BP for every seat in the cabin.

Last edited by Smirnoff; Jan 25, 2011 at 4:07 am
Old Jan 25, 2011, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
3 years on, and still the same problem. The BA ghost booking appears unders MY BOOKINGS, but will not open if I select Manage My Booking. I just get an error message. However, both bookings - the MA one and the BA one work for OLCI, and both give a BP for the MA4868
YMMV

My last MA coded mixed MA/BA metal itinierary in J showed-up perfectly in MMB under both BA and MA PNRs.

I was able to move seats and OLCI on the BA metal sectors as usual using the BA PNR in MMB on ba.com, and OLCI and move seats during the OLCI process on the MA metal sectors using the MA PNR on malev.com.

BTW, are you still taking the MA stewardesses as hostages or has the novelty now worn off / is your spare room getting overcrowded
Old Jan 25, 2011, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by heartybob
BTW, are you still taking the MA stewardesses as hostages or has the novelty now worn off / is your spare room getting overcrowded
I'm afraid they might fight with the S7 stewardesses.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 4:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
I'm afraid they might fight with the S7 stewardesses.
I thought it was just the S7 uniforms that clashed
Old Jan 25, 2011, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA1A
I thought it was just the S7 uniforms that clashed
I see what you mean.

Old Jan 25, 2011, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Some interesting cabin crew pix here but no MA or S7 that I could find

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.