Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2008 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2008, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Are miles converted from Tesco Clubcard vouchers now posting a lot quicker?

I converted the vouchers yesterday, and the miles were in my account today. ^

The last time I converted vouchers the miles took about two weeks to post!
Old Dec 29, 2008, 5:07 am

Programs: BA, QR, OW loyal.
Originally Posted by Genius1
The last time I converted vouchers the miles took about two weeks to post!
You must have been caught up in some system glitch, my conversions have always been overnight, with the exception of those done at a weekend which can take an extra day.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 1:33 am

Only a tiny perk, but useful none the less...

"...from Friday 2nd January Tesco will reward customers with double Clubcard points on every fuel purchase".

Also, Tesco are taking their prices down by 3p a litre on petrol and diesel today.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Does anyone know when the cutoff is for the current points to be converted to clubcard vouchers for Feb?
Old Jan 1, 2009, 12:28 pm

Programs: BAEC, Skywards, KLM
Originally Posted by ChrisH
Does anyone know when the cutoff is for the current points to be converted to clubcard vouchers for Feb?
I work out that it should be 26/1/09.

It's been a poor quarter for Tesco collecting for me, although if the savings accounts points post, it'll not be quite so bad. They have all posted in the past, but I'm a bit concerned this time as people have been reporting they've had them, but none on mine yet.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 2:18 pm

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Originally Posted by lorkers
Only a tiny perk, but useful none the less...

"...from Friday 2nd January Tesco will reward customers with double Clubcard points on every fuel purchase".

Also, Tesco are taking their prices down by 3p a litre on petrol and diesel today.
Not such a tiny perk, more like a massive bonus considering I'll be legging it up and down the country in Jan and Feb. These points will come in very handy and I'm happy that I'm in from the start rather than finding out the day before it closes.

Great find, thank you
Old Jan 1, 2009, 2:25 pm

For those of you that use the fancy recycling machines in the wet and windy carparks, are you finding that you're getting short changed on the points for cans?

Firstly they didn't advertise the change to only rewarding can deposits (understandable to a point) but to be so inconsistent with crediting points for similar cans, e.g 4 points for 50 odd beer and Pepsi cans as opposed to 14 from the previous haul.

It just seems to be so hit and miss and Tesco don't seem to be all that forthcoming with answers or apologies.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?
Old Jan 2, 2009, 4:11 am

Programs: Meh!
Originally Posted by Jonobigblind
e.g 4 points for 50 odd beer and Pepsi cans as opposed to 14 from the previous haul.
I would imagine that it's in reaction to market forces - see here.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Halo
I would imagine that it's in reaction to market forces - see here.
I certainly wouldnt like to find a home for all that but I feel it has more to do with inconsistencies in the machines distinguishing between different types of metal and awarding points accordingly. One trip will bag points for pepsi cans and then another (within a couple of days) will classify them all as tin cans and not give points.

Not the biggest thing to complain about but bloody annoying when you've been saving them up to bag more points.

Ta for your response
Old Jan 2, 2009, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
1000 pts over three shops

Buy your groceries online at Tesco.com and we’ll give you 200 extra Clubcard Points on each of your next three shops before the end of February. If you complete all three shops, we’ll give you an extra 400 bonus Points. That could all add up to 1,000 Points – and you’ll still earn all your regular Clubcard Points too!
XXKFCW - 200pts
XXT9D8 - 200pts
XX7PC8 - 200pts

PLUS 400pts Bonus when you use all three

(via email today)
Old Jan 2, 2009, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by rupert_s
XXKFCW - 200pts
XXT9D8 - 200pts
XX7PC8 - 200pts

(via email today)
£50 min grocery spend on each of the 3 shops. Still worthwhile doing on all accounts, as its 3200BA miles for £12 (assuming you order your deliveries for the £4 delivery slots).
Old Jan 2, 2009, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by rupert_s
XXKFCW - 200pts
XXT9D8 - 200pts
XX7PC8 - 200pts

(via email today)
This appears to be a targeted promotion. We received it on only one of our (small number of ) accounts and the codes don't seem to work on the accounts for which we didn't receive the e-mail.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 5:55 am

And with another year over, time for a new Tesco thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.