Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2008 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2008, 4:45 am

Just saw this in the left hand side of my tesco.com when i signed in. Sorry if it has been posted before.

If you recommend a friend to the grocery service and they become a new customer*, you and your friend could earn 500 Clubcard Points each. 500 Clubcard Points is equivalent to £5 back in your Clubcard statement or £20 in Clubcard Deals
To take advantage of this offer, simply fill in your friend's details below and we'll send them an email explaining the promotion
Once they've registered, their details have been validated and their first order delivered, we'll give you both 500 Clubcard Points. The Points will appear in your next statement (it may take up to a month to process your Points).
By completing your friends' details, you agree that you have obtained their consent to provide their details for the purpose of this offer
There is a minimum order level of £50 on the first order placed and delivered to your friend
Old Jan 14, 2008, 4:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
hmmm, this previous seem interesting. Anyone want to become a friend of mine (or someone else living at my address) and I'll become a friend of yours (or someone living at your address)

Old Jan 14, 2008, 6:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Free delivery on wine through 20 January
Old Jan 15, 2008, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by Eastwood357
If you recommend a friend to the grocery service and they become a new customer*, you and your friend could earn 500 Clubcard Points each. 500 Clubcard Points is equivalent to £5 back in your Clubcard statement or £20 in Clubcard Deals
To take advantage of this offer, simply fill in your friend's details below and we'll send them an email explaining the promotion
Once they've registered, their details have been validated and their first order delivered, we'll give you both 500 Clubcard Points. The Points will appear in your next statement (it may take up to a month to process your Points).
By completing your friends' details, you agree that you have obtained their consent to provide their details for the purpose of this offer
There is a minimum order level of £50 on the first order placed and delivered to your friend
Interesting earning opporunities here, although I already have so many "friends" who shop at Tesco living at my address, that I am not sure there is room for any more. Perhaps we can fit one or two more in though .....

However, be aware that it seems there is something on the delivery sheet to show one is a new customer. My regular delivery driver could not work out why I kept showing up as a new customer during the recent bonus promo for new customers ....
Old Jan 15, 2008, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
A new J&J promo has appeared on paidtoshop:

"100 EXTRA POINTS when You Buy 2 of Johnsons Baby Lavender & Camomile Powder 425g, Relaxing Shampoo or Bedtime Bath 500ml, Bedtime Lotion 300ml or Cream 250ml"

Valid for deliveries between 16 January 2008 and 12 February 2008. Prices from £2.48 so min £5 spend to get 240 miles - not worth purchasing unless you have a baby. (Hang on a minute ....!)
Old Jan 15, 2008, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Airmiles, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Raffles
A new J&J promo has appeared on paidtoshop:

"100 EXTRA POINTS when You Buy 2 of Johnsons Baby Lavender & Camomile Powder 425g, Relaxing Shampoo or Bedtime Bath 500ml, Bedtime Lotion 300ml or Cream 250ml"

Valid for deliveries between 16 January 2008 and 12 February 2008. Prices from £2.48 so min £5 spend to get 240 miles - not worth purchasing unless you have a baby. (Hang on a minute ....!)
Ha ha! Now that's what I call advance planning, Sir! Cracking timing!
Old Jan 17, 2008, 4:27 am

Programs: BA IHG
500 Clubcard Points - Tesco DVD Rental today only

email just in from Tesco
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today only 30 day Free Trial plus 500 Clubcard Points

Sign up for any Tesco DVD rental package today only and get a 30 day free trial and 500 Clubcard Points*. Enter DTD288 when you signup to get this deal, or simply follow the link above.

Hurry! Offer ends 10am, Friday 18th January 2008

*500 Clubcard Points will be awarded on first payment. In order to qualify for your 500 extra Clubcard Points, you must add at least ten discs in your rental list and we must have dispatched your first disc to you. We will award your Clubcard points within 30 days from dispatch of your first disc.
To register for your free trial a valid credit or debit card is required. Your free trial expires 30 days after registration. You will NOT be charged during the free trial unless you change your package. Depending on the package you choose, you may rent out either one, two or three discs at any one time. You can cancel your subscription at any time. Existing subscribers of Tesco DVD Rental or those who have previously enjoyed a free trial with any LOVEFILM powered site are not eligible. At the end of your free trial, you will automatically become a paying member unless you cancel your subscription and return any of our discs in your possession BEFORE the end of your free trial.

also notice when signing up it says your free trial will end after 30 days, or after they have sent 3 DVDs.
from the wording, it would appear that you have to make a payment to get the points, you cant just sign up and cancel before first payment.

Last edited by cmcbugg; Jan 17, 2008 at 5:31 am
Old Jan 17, 2008, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by cmcbugg
email just in from Tesco
Today only 30 day Free Trial plus 500 Clubcard Points

*500 Clubcard Points will be awarded on first payment. In order to qualify for your 500 extra Clubcard Points, you must add at least ten discs in your rental list and we must have dispatched your first disc to you. We will award your Clubcard points within 30 days from dispatch of your first disc.
To register for your free trial a valid credit or debit card is required. Your free trial expires 30 days after registration. You will NOT be charged during the free trial unless you change your package.
Interestingly the sign up page says this, which makes no mention of the need to have made a payment.

"30 day free trial and 500 CC points
30 days free trial and 500 extra Clubcard points if you sign up between 8am on 17th January 2008 and 10am on 18th January 2008. Points will be awarded within 30 days of a valid registration. You must add 10 titles to your list and have had a dispatch to be eligible"
Old Jan 18, 2008, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

1,200 points for Tesco Dental Insurance until 8th March. See first post and tesco.com/finance. 600 points on signing and 600 more after 3 months. Minimum cost £8.95 per month. May be worth a look if you were expecting to need a check-up / fillings / crown in the next few months anyway.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 6:00 am

Programs: BA, BMi, VS, Starwood, Marriott
Just got the below. Doesn't seem to be a targeted code:

Dear Mr mikoneill,

You don’t need to venture outside in the cold, when you can buy all your goceries online at Tesco.com

As a valued customer, we’re offering you an extra 750 Clubcard Points on your groceries when you shop 3 times before 24th February. And if you’re looking to lose a few pounds, but don't want to compromise on choice or taste our new Light Choices range is worth a try.

To get your extra Points, simply type the relevant code from each of the eCoupons below when you get to the online grocery checkout.

XX69P7 (14/1 to 27/1)

XXJ7HG (28/1 to 10/2)

XX3YXK (11/1 to 24/2)
Old Jan 18, 2008, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Is that 750 pts per shop or in total (ie 250 per shop)?

I just got 2 emails offering me £5 and £10 respectively off a £50 shop.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 6:25 am

Programs: BA, BMi, VS, Starwood, Marriott
It's 750 in total, 250 per shop - sorry
Old Jan 18, 2008, 6:31 am

Programs: BAEC lowly blue, various semi-worthless hotel programs.
Originally Posted by mikoneill
It's 750 in total, 250 per shop - sorry
Yes, I got this too.

It seems that Tesco are really clamping down on available points codes. Time was when you could usually get between 500 and 1,000 points per shop, and that was with only two (genuine) accounts for Mrs Flycatcher and myself.

Does this seem to be the way of the future? Far fewer points earning opportunities?
Old Jan 18, 2008, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by mikoneill
Just got the below. Doesn't seem to be a targeted code:

XX69P7 (14/1 to 27/1)

XXJ7HG (28/1 to 10/2)

XX3YXK (11/1 to 24/2)
Got this too. Add that its a £50 min spend code.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 6:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Completely OT

Originally Posted by flyclub
It's a standard offer across all retailers sponsored by Toshiba to push the format.

There are two models basically - the EP-30 and the EP-35. The EP-30 is more the entry level machine whereas the EP-35 has 5.1 channel outputs for those of you with slightly older equipment (yet still very good ) wanting the newer High Definition sound decoded (i.e I fall into this category). Also the EP-35 has a 1080Progressive 24 mode which is exactly the same frame rate that you find in the cinema (however I am being very techy now )

Other than that the machines are very similar.

The EP-30 is generally available for around £200 incl VAT
The EP-35 is slightly more at £275 incl VAT

Father Christmas brought me an EP-35 for Christmas and I am very pleased with it.

You get the movie '300' and 'The Bourne Supremacy' free inside the box.
If Father Christmas used Amazon (& Nectar) then he might want to check for the 30 day price guarantee as Toshiba / Amazon are reflecting new pricing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.