Search

Bora Bora via Tokyo on BA FIRST

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2007, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Thanks toulousebloke - report duely updated
Old Oct 24, 2007, 4:51 am

Interesting report, well written, but slightly long (I confess to skim reading a lot of it!). I'm not a huge fan of reports that focus on every detail (i.e. I ate X and drank Y..) but it's good to see you enjoyed your trip! Well done.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
I also received a bottle of Champs on my NRT-LHR in F from the crew... the jesture wasn't for a romantic reason such as yours schofs... I was the only passenger in F and hadn't drunk anything alcoholic during the flight... Still was a lovely jesture and touched me
Old Oct 24, 2007, 7:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by firstclasslad
I also received a bottle of Champs on my NRT-LHR in F from the crew... the jesture wasn't for a romantic reason such as yours schofs... I was the only passenger in F and hadn't drunk anything alcoholic during the flight... Still was a lovely jesture and touched me
That is amazing you were the only one in FIRST from NRT to LHR. Remarkable even. Lucky you weren't bumped down to Club and they closed it off.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 7:54 am

Nice report - when I went to Tahiti it wasn't on BA F -rather UTA Y -but now that I have found FT the next time certainly won't be in Y
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by schofs
It was indeed a bit of a huge report - apologies, but I just did so much and couldn't leave any of it out! Would people prefer if I cut it right down, or do you prefer having everything and then skim reading?
Thank you for your excellent trip report, schofs. ^

I like the present format - it is informative (in terms of accomodation, flights, things to do). Would be very handy for someone planning a similar trip. People could just skim read and pick on the bits that interest them.

I was resigned to the idea of flying to Tahiti on AF via LAX (when I finally get enough £/miles) but your option of flying via NRT is brilliant! We've just returned from Japan and we love it. Being able to combine the two places in one trip would be sheer bliss.

Originally Posted by schofs
Tokyo's much more accessible, but uses a lot of BA miles. I've since realised that it's much more accessible flying ex-EU using bmi miles...
LHR-NRT club costs 160,000 miles. With the AMEX 2-4-1, it worked out to 80,000 miles per person for us. Unless we use £ and miles, BMI isn't significantly 'cheaper' - 75,000 miles. With £ and miles, it's 'cheap' - 37,500 miles.

Last edited by phaleesy; Oct 26, 2007 at 1:43 pm
Old Oct 26, 2007, 2:00 pm

Programs: Meh!
A great report schofs. I couldn't read it on my screen so I copied and pasted it into Word and printed it off. It was 53 pages long ffs! Some books are shorter. It's got me looking at Tokyo and Bora Bora too - perhaps you should look into tourist board sponsorship for your next trip.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 2:14 pm

bmi redemptions to NRT

Originally Posted by phaleesy
LHR-NRT club costs 160,000 miles. With the AMEX 2-4-1, it worked out to 80,000 miles per person for us. Unless we use £ and miles, BMI isn't significantly 'cheaper' - 75,000 miles. With £ and miles, it's 'cheap' - 37,500 miles.
Only 37.5k miles plus cash starting from CPH or similar.

From LHR, J would be 52.5k miles plus cash
Old Oct 26, 2007, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by knifeandfork
Only 37.5k miles plus cash starting from CPH or similar.

From LHR, J would be 52.5k miles plus cash
If flying from Barcelona it would be 50K + cash per person in First Class - which is much better than 240K for BA... but then it's lots of connections!
Old Oct 26, 2007, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Halo
A great report schofs. I couldn't read it on my screen so I copied and pasted it into Word and printed it off. It was 53 pages long ffs! Some books are shorter. It's got me looking at Tokyo and Bora Bora too - perhaps you should look into tourist board sponsorship for your next trip.
I wrote it in word actually (for the spell checker if nothing else)... it was about 30 odd pages without the photos... that's why I thought nobody would read it all... I've been shocked!

Nice idea - thanks. I was thinking of doing some writing for a magazine or something, but I can't think of any that would be interested in my style.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.