Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

can I combine 2 separately issued tickets and check bags all the way though?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

can I combine 2 separately issued tickets and check bags all the way though?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2011, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes, same as USA.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by BA6501
Yes, same as USA.
The difference being that with travel to the USA, we can print the tags for interlining so that the passenger clears Customs (and the Ministry of Agriculture) and then drops them off at the baggage transfer unit.

With South Africa, the passenger then has the joy of schlepping his bags across to the Domestic terminal nd geting some nice check-in person to label them up!
Old Jul 2, 2011, 3:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bealine
Actually, BA are pretty strict about it:

BA to any carrier with an "interline" agreement to a destination where "interlining" is allowed (eg not a Domestic connection in South Africa) on one booking - no problem. On "Bag Drop" desks, when we try to interline bags on a non-interline sector, say a LHR-JNB-DUR connection, we receive a large flash on the screen warning us to "Check Backs to JNB only!"
That's interesting. Thinking back I don't think I've tried to do a BA to non-OneWorld interline for a long time. I often fly to India with a separately booked domestic flight but you have to clear customs at the first port of entry so interlining wouldn't be available anyway.

Where I have done it is on something like HKT->BKK on Thai then BKK->LHR on Emirates. I often do SE Asian trips but on the final flight back to the hub (BKK, KUL or SIN) I always use a proper airline rather than Air Asia as I know my bags will be interlined.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.