Search

LHR-MUC on CE questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2007, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Silver, IC A, Sixt Gold
LHR-MUC on CE questions

hi there, I've a few questions on the round trip LHR-MUC,

1) If I think of taking 1525 ex-LHR flight and 1910 ex-MUC flight, what to expect on meals? And any general guideline on food provided on these kind of shorthaul flights departing at different times during a day?

2) For the ex-MUC routing, I'll take another BA flight to HKG after I arrived LHR, and there are 2 hours between them. Is that possible to (sort of) merge the 2 bookings (or by some other solutions) so that I can do transit rather than going out of the landside, check-in, and go back to the airside?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 15, 2007, 11:52 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
I can help with your first question.

On the outpound flight expect a very small selection of sandwiches and a pot desert. On the return you will have the pleasure of a small salad. Nothing at all to get excited about. If you need to eat a real meal do so landside at MUC as the food airside is dire.

You will not get access to the club lounge at MUC as this is based on status and not class flown. Don't worry to much about this as the Delta club gets very busy and loud filled with many DYKWIA shouting into their phones.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:00 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
If both of your bookings are on BA then you should get through checked-in in Munich. In any way, even if you held two separate bookings on two airlines you would still not have to go landside - there is a flight connection centre in Heathrow where you can check-in for your next flight (provided that you baggae is through checked-in).
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:10 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by Andriyko
If both of your bookings are on BA then you should get through checked-in in Munich. In any way, even if you held two separate bookings on two airlines you would still not have to go landside - there is a flight connection centre in Heathrow where you can check-in for your next flight (provided that you baggae is through checked-in).

Not quite correct I am afraid becasue if you did have 2 seperate bookings on 2 airlines BA would not tag your bags to the final destination so you would have to collect baggage.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:38 am

Programs: BA, BD, AF, LH, AA, EK, Hilton, ICHG, SPG
My understanding is that BA will through-check bags to another oneworld airline.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, MU Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I was on BA957 (2115) connecting CX250 (1820) (overnight transit) one month ago. The ticket was issued under CX. I rejected their offer to check in my bag all the way to HKG and accepted the BP for next day's CX250.

The DL lounge requires OneWorld status to enter. No hot food and sandwiches inside,but only some chocolates cakes and wines were available. The dirty washroom is located outside the lounge.

Personally I would perfer walking in LH's terminal first and check-in at last min in BA's terminal.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ny911
The DL lounge requires OneWorld status to enter. No hot food and sandwiches inside,but only some chocolates cakes and wines were available. The dirty washroom is located outside the lounge.
The DL lounge is also occasionally home to one of the most horrible snacks available in any lounge anywhere (not to be confused with the regular Bifi, which is actually quite nice).
Old Aug 17, 2007, 9:24 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Am I missing something here, but what has Delta to do with this OP?

As you are only OneWorld Ruby you only have Lounge facilities if flying Business Class or higher. So LHR-MUC as you are flying CE you can use the BA Business Lounge and for MUC-LHR BA have a shared Lounge for CE Passengers.

Finally it helps in replies if you advise in the OP what airline and class you are travelling on each sector.

Last edited by UncleDude; Aug 17, 2007 at 9:44 am
Old Aug 17, 2007, 9:39 am

Programs: BA-Gold
There is no BA lounge at MUC but the Delta Airlines Crown Lounge can be used because of an agreement with Malev. I was there last night enjoying my BiFi. Not sure what status you need to be to be let in but gold worked for me. If you are getting one of the later BA flights out the lounge is normally deserted.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think the lunchtime flight gets one of the (quite crap imo) salads too.

Better to save the calories for a currywurst and beer at the restaurant in the terminal...or if you have longer visit the open air beer garden between T1 and T2. ^
Old Aug 17, 2007, 9:46 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by SlyFly
There is no BA lounge at MUC but the Delta Airlines Crown Lounge can be used because of an agreement with Malev. I was there last night enjoying my BiFi. Not sure what status you need to be to be let in but gold worked for me. If you are getting one of the later BA flights out the lounge is normally deserted.
According to BA.com there is a Third Party Lounge for CE is this the Delta Lounge?

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...b/_gf/en_hu#eu
Old Aug 17, 2007, 9:52 am

Programs: If I don´t have it, I don´t need it!
Originally Posted by UncleDude
According to BA.com there is a Third Party Lounge for CE is this the Delta Lounge?

Wrong information on the website. As MUC is my home airport since a while, only lounge access to BA Silver/Gold (OW Sap./Em.). The Delta lounge although serves Malev and LTU flights. Due to the fact that the lounge is very small, they have restictions for CE pax. CE pax can get a 5 Euro voucher for refreshments.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 9:53 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by UncleDude

Silvers and Golds get access to the Delta Crown Room, it's dire. Ordinary CE passengers (of which I am now one), get €8 credit for the cafés etc.

There is somewhere worth eating airside in MUC, sadly it's in the Luftwaffe terminal.

CE meals to/from MUC are undistinguished (and just as bad to/from LIS these days).
Old Aug 17, 2007, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Gold BD Silver Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by iainbhx
Silvers and Golds get access to the Delta Crown Room, it's dire. Ordinary CE passengers (of which I am now one), get €8 credit for the cafés etc.

There is somewhere worth eating airside in MUC, sadly it's in the Luftwaffe terminal.

CE meals to/from MUC are undistinguished (and just as bad to/from LIS these days).
freudian slip??
Old Aug 17, 2007, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Silver, IC A, Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by iainbhx

Is it any better if it's DUS not MUC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.