Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premier Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2007, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Premier Card

Hi everyone, just thought I would say hello as I have only recently joined.

I started travelling BA some 12 years ago when my parents were working in Japan, and gained gold status in about six months. since then I have used BA quite alot, again to see my folks. All being paid for by my parents, not some fat cat company.

They came to renew my BA card and I have been sent a "Premier Card" this was the first I knew about it, and after looking on the internet there seems to be alot of talk about it.

I am no company exec, nor am I important. I am a 23 year old male, who travels alot with BA in First. The booklet states that I can use the Concorde lounge anytime etc etc. When I check online all my tier points have gone and they have not been credited to me.

My question is, do I need to ask for these teir points or do I not need them anymore?

Any help would be grateful.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 5:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Welcome to FT totolad,

Well what a lucky boy we are then!

I do hope you will sign up to the FT Flight Diary here so we can all see when you will be able to help us get in to the Concorde Lounge!

Not received my Premier Card yet so not sure about the Tier Points but I guess as you are no longer in need of retaining Gold or attaining the next level then these Tier Points are indeed of no use to you...

If I PM you my BA Exec number could you credit them to me instead...please

Rich
Old Aug 3, 2007, 5:50 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Welcome to FT, totolad.

Most interesting first post indeed!
Old Aug 3, 2007, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Welcome to Flyertalk, totolad

Earning Premier out of your own/or Daddy's pockets? Did some of, or many of your trips originate from an Algerian prison? [/inside joke]

On a more serious note you say you fly in F 'a lot' and made Gold in 6 months. Are you averaging about 3000 TPs per year? As AJ says, most interesting...

Last edited by Fraser; Aug 3, 2007 at 6:19 pm
Old Aug 3, 2007, 5:57 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Fraser
Welcome to Flyertalk, totolad

Earning Premier out of your own/or Daddy's pockets? Did some of, or many of your trips originate from an Algerian prison? [/inside joke]
Oh Fraser, living on the wrong side of the pond has made you such a cynic, old boy!
Old Aug 3, 2007, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Oh Fraser, living on the wrong side of the pond has made you such a cynic, old boy!
"Cynicism is intellectual dandyism"
Old Aug 3, 2007, 6:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I reckon your talking a totolad of rubbish pal.

Sorry its late and I have had a few too many.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I reckon your talking a totolad of rubbish pal.

Sorry its late and I have had a few too many.
Alert the mods! CT-UK's special assignment from DJD to hijack HIDDY's account has been succesful!
Old Aug 4, 2007, 2:02 am

Programs: I've got three passports, A couple of visas, Don't even know my real name.
Originally Posted by totolad
They came to renew my BA card and I have been sent a "Premier Card" I am no company exec, nor am I important.
Perhaps your dad works for a company which puts a lot of business BA's way and he pulled some strings and nominated you for the card?
Old Aug 4, 2007, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Silver, Marriott Silver
I am surprised that the booklet has not informed you that you dont get TP points at premier level. The card is issued through BA choice, not by flying.

However, the booklet should have told you that you get the same BA Miles for the trip as a Gold card holder.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Welcome to the BA forum totolad!^

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 4, 2007, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by taittinger
I am surprised that the booklet has not informed you that you dont get TP points at premier level. The card is issued through BA choice, not by flying.

However, the booklet should have told you that you get the same BA Miles for the trip as a Gold card holder.
BA can however choose to issue the card based upon the flying patterns of an individual. When I worked with BA I seem to recall that the threshold for Prem was £1.5M of revenue, but this is likely to have changed. I also seem to recall that BA Premier (for avoidance of confusion I mean the FT'er by that name) also recently said that Prem could be earned through flying.

There is no huge miystique to Premier, if you give BA a s***load of money then they will look after you for the period in which you are giving them that money. Probably not for too long after that however
Old Aug 4, 2007, 12:08 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Premier, EK IO, Amex Centurion, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
BA can however choose to issue the card based upon the flying patterns of an individual. When I worked with BA I seem to recall that the threshold for Prem was £1.5M of revenue, but this is likely to have changed. I also seem to recall that BA Premier (for avoidance of confusion I mean the FT'er by that name) also recently said that Prem could be earned through flying.

There is no huge miystique to Premier, if you give BA a s***load of money then they will look after you for the period in which you are giving them that money. Probably not for too long after that however
£2.5m, a seat on the board of an MVCC (moi) or someone in the public eye.

Welcome totolad - it was getting lonely on the board. As I understand it, you and I are the only Prem's on FT (happy to be corrected). It is a wonderful and very privileged position to be in. Enjoy.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 12:10 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Premier, EK IO, Amex Centurion, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by totolad
Hi everyone, just thought I would say hello as I have only recently joined.

I started travelling BA some 12 years ago when my parents were working in Japan, and gained gold status in about six months. since then I have used BA quite alot, again to see my folks. All being paid for by my parents, not some fat cat company.

They came to renew my BA card and I have been sent a "Premier Card" this was the first I knew about it, and after looking on the internet there seems to be alot of talk about it.

I am no company exec, nor am I important. I am a 23 year old male, who travels alot with BA in First. The booklet states that I can use the Concorde lounge anytime etc etc. When I check online all my tier points have gone and they have not been credited to me.

My question is, do I need to ask for these teir points or do I not need them anymore?

Any help would be grateful.
And I forgot - we don't need TP's - just make sure that your parent's continue to spend ridiculous amounts with BA or you'll have a common gold card again
Old Aug 4, 2007, 4:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Okay now my mind has cleared a bit I must extend a welcome to totolad, thanks to Fraser I have been unable to edit my previous post to hide my sarcastic comment I apologise.

No excuses, but a mixture of Champagne (Tesco to blame for that), beer and a fellow Glaswegian armed with a bottle of whisky who's idea of a two finger measure is the distance between his pinkie and thumb, all of which led me to have some cynical thoughts of your first post.

I was under the impression that BA Premiers were usually made up of top celebrities or heads of high spending corporate accounts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.