FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   77 Members and 155 Guests!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/710642-77-members-155-guests.html)

krug Jul 4, 2007 9:02 am

77 Members and 155 Guests!!

We seem to be experiencing higher than normal pages views and participants on the BA Board , especially at present when people are googling the net to find info on the security situation at British airports.

Can I urge any of you rather too timid to join in to sign up; you get greatly increased fuctionality and can search for the answers to the most bizarre questions, and maybe even pluck up the courage to join us on one of the many DOs throughout the year.......

You can register for FT membership by clicking the link below:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/regis...?action=signup :)

aet24 Jul 4, 2007 10:15 am

Okey-doke... having been lurking for a while I have taken the plunge!

Found this site while searching for lounge reviews - having very recently commenced travelling long haul for business, I have found this site an invaluable source for all things BAEC related! Although my colleagues may laugh at the OCD tendencies membership has brought out in me, it's good to know that I'm not alone...

Ok, so as a newbie I have:
-got myself a BA PP Amex
-started obsessively collecting Tesco clubcard points ;)

Anything else obvious that I should be doing??

Cheers,
Alison

edi-traveller Jul 4, 2007 10:23 am

Originally Posted by aet24 (Post 8002788)
Anything else obvious that I should be doing??

Thinking up suitably Britishy and eccentric witty answers to questions. I would also swot up on as many species of fish that you can possible find because you haddock a clue when a thread will beocme a fish thread.

Welcome to FT by the way! :D:D:D

hausfrau Jul 4, 2007 10:23 am

Hi, I'm a "regular" lurker here. We used BA exclusively for about 6 years, but our program was originating in Bahrain. After moving back to the States, our miles all expired since, obviously, we were no longer able to use the points to originate the trips in Bahrain.

I wish I had found this website before all those miles expired, so I could have figured out how to use them since we travel at least twice a year to Europe. We loved BA!

Jenbel Jul 4, 2007 10:24 am

Welcome to FT aet24 :)

Developing strong opinions on champagne?! ;)

quitecontrary Jul 4, 2007 10:26 am

Originally Posted by aet24 (Post 8002788)
Okey-doke... having been lurking for a while I have taken the plunge!

Cheers,
Alison

Welcome to FT, Alison.
Well done Krug, you've recruited a new member!

aet24 Jul 4, 2007 10:30 am

I have quickly learned not to trust anything with a blue top...

Biggles68 Jul 4, 2007 10:31 am

What a start you gave me. I thought you were referring to some BA lounge or other, and could just imagine those famished guests swarming like locusts and hoovering their way through the food and drink :eek:

VC10 Boy Jul 4, 2007 10:32 am

And if there are any cute, fit young men, with bodies gained through competitive sport you can be assured of a very warm welcome to the BA board.

Capricorn Jul 4, 2007 10:36 am

I'll confess to being a "guest" when I just want to see what's happening and I don't bother logging in. So maybe not all guests are strangers.

G-BOAC Jul 4, 2007 10:42 am

Welcome to FT and the BA Board, aet24 :)

Originally Posted by VC10 Boy (Post 8002871)
And if there are any cute, fit young men...

Note to lurkers: that shouldn't also preclude the (surely?!) thousands of cute, fit young ladies secretly and avidly reading from signing up too. Please. ;)

TEX277 Jul 4, 2007 10:47 am

Originally Posted by krug (Post 8002443)
We seem to be experiencing higher than normal pages views and participants on the BA Board ,

Although there are more lurkers than were around in March , there is still not as many as back in January. ;)

aet24 - A big hello from me too!

Gizmos Jul 4, 2007 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by G-BOAC (Post 8002916)
Note to lurkers: that shouldn't also preclude the (surely?!) thousands of cute, fit young ladies secretly and avidly reading from signing up too. Please. ;)

But I'm already here :D

Aleks Jul 4, 2007 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by VC10 Boy (Post 8002871)
And if there are any cute, fit young men, with bodies gained through competitive sport you can be assured of a very warm welcome to the BA board.

Cute - check
Fit - check
Young - I'll get back to you on that one, I'll just have to rearrange the ambient lighting and position it behind me!

Kayelly Jul 4, 2007 12:51 pm

Converted lurker here!! I've learnt so much from lurking here however - including what the best seat is on a 777!

:)

(Edit: mid-twenties, regular at the gym, cuteness is open to interpretation, hopefully I'm a positive addition to the board! :) )