Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ot - Hel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2007, 1:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by koksy
theres a hotel with a tower on it and a coffee bar at the top with good views but i've been trying to clear the tescpo wine mountain so i;m dammed if i can remember whats its called but the hot chocolate wa sthe best i ever tasted,
That would be the Hotel Torni. The bar on top is definitely worth checking out as you can see the entire city nicely from there whilst drinking absinthe cocktails at the same time!
Old Jun 20, 2007, 1:36 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
HEL is a wonderful if expensive city. The Kamp Hotel is great for its historical significance but, like every other once great establishment which has since been acquired by an international chain, it's very homogenised. Still, comfortable though and great location.

Go and eat at the Elite http://royalravintolat.com, it's decked out like a 1930s ocean liner and the food has never failed to please.

If you can splurge, and assuming you're not there at a weekend, the Savoy, same link as before.

Avoid the Lappi at all costs (the latter being the optimal word) unless you fancy a Harvester Inn at EUR 100 pp.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA/VS Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JuPe
However there's another design hotel which just opened close to Kamp called Glo (http://www.palacekamp.fi/hotellit/hotel_glo/ sorry only in Finnish) which is in the same chain as Kamp.
I'll clarify this a bit: while the hotel business of Hotel Kämp is owned by the same company as Hotel Glo, they are not in the same chain: Kämp is operated by Starwood Hotels & Resorts (as a Luxury Collection property) while Palace Kämp operates the Glo independently of any international brand.

In the Kämp, SPG Plats can get suite upgrades, although you may have to ask at check-in (they've never pre-assigned one for me). I don't think the standard Kämp suites really add much -- or any -- comfort over the Executive rooms, though, so I wouldn't sweat it unless entertaining at the suite.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL (LTG), Marriott LT Titanium, EK Plat, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by Thalassa

* Stay at Hotel Kämppi. It is far and away the best hotel in Finland. It is centrally located and the prices are not bad.
I have stayed there a few times. It really is lovely (plus it is in *wood if that is of interest!)
Old Jun 21, 2007, 5:33 am

Programs: Almost anything with six to twelve steps...
Originally Posted by GaryK84
That would be the Hotel Torni. The bar on top is definitely worth checking out as you can see the entire city nicely from there whilst drinking absinthe cocktails at the same time!
The ladies' loo at the 12th floor bar of Torni (Atelier Bar) is reputed to have one of the greatest views in all of Helsinki. I am not admitting anything, but I can say it is grand, indeed ;-)

Cheers,
T.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On the subject of hotels from HEL, has anyone stayed at the new Hilton at HEL yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.