Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Flooding

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2007, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

OT: Flooding

Anyone else been badly hit by todays weather? I woke up this morning to find water slowly seeping into my bedroom. By the time I got everything up to a higher level of the house my entire floor was covered in water.

Thankfully I'm down at my parents this weekend, probably now for a very long weekend!

Lots of the trains seem messed up (took me almost three hours to get from my area of Leeds to Manchester Airport) but the weather hasn't had any noticeable impact on any of the flights today I don't think?

Luckily I had a stunningly attractive assortment of crew on my Gatwick Shuttle this evening, so I'm in a much better mood now
Old Jun 15, 2007, 4:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You should move to Scotland Very little rain here near Glasgow for weeks.^
Old Jun 15, 2007, 5:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, Flyingblue Gold, Alitalia Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thumbs down

My kitchen is flooded too, but I blame the people upstairs

what a way to waste the weekend
Old Jun 15, 2007, 9:10 pm

Programs: BA
We're hit by the monsoon weather that's arriving here . But no flooding as yet ^.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Seems to be a lot worse here today than it was the other week. Basement flooded again, and for some bizzarre reason the boiler has packed up too, so no hot water just to top things off!

The weather itself rather than the flooding seems to be messing operations up again though. Leeds/Bradford is having all sorts of trouble this afternoon.

At least BA can blame all their operational deficiencies on the rain today!
Old Jun 25, 2007, 9:58 am

Still dry up here in Scotland.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 11:34 am

Programs: SMWS
which Scotland are you in? My cellar flooded over the weekend.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 11:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, Flyingblue Gold, Alitalia Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Parts of the A701 were flooded this morning, and to top it off it was closed at Tweedsmuir 15 miles north of Moffat for resurfacing, had to take a not so nice 35miles detour on single track road to get to the A708 wasted 1h30m

Last edited by subhi; Jun 25, 2007 at 11:45 am
Old Jun 25, 2007, 12:11 pm

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I was at the mudfest commonly called the Royal Highland Show over the weekend.... Where the Wiseman children's pack-a-mack things were the must have show item!
Old Jun 25, 2007, 1:02 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Big storm here at MCO for the past 90 minutes. Storms are far better in the US Airport was closed for about an hour.

Hopefully should have gone by the time my flight to LGW is due (17:20).

Cheers,
Rick
Old Jun 25, 2007, 1:11 pm

Move to Milngavie, a couple of showers at the weekend that's all, in fact it's been positively balmy for ages.^
Old Jun 25, 2007, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Move to Milngavie, a couple of showers at the weekend that's all, in fact it's been positively balmy for ages.^
Hi,

And a prize if anyone can pronounce Milngavie!!

We did have lots of rain in Falkirk at the weekend and GLasgow-Edinburgh rail line has been affected by flooding and landsides.

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 25, 2007, 2:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
We'd love to see some rain in Northern California. There's a forest fire up at Lake Tahoe that has already burned down 200+ homes, and additional fire engines are being rushed up there from the Bay Area to protect structures.

State Of Emergency Declared In Tahoe Fire Area
Old Jun 25, 2007, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold (just!), BA Amex PP, Amex Plat, Accor Fav Guest, Priority Club Platinum
Ha - I went to St Joesph's Primary for a very short while. My parents were both born in Balvie Road and my Mum manages a convenience store there these days.

You can also pick out my Granny's house on Craigielea Crescent on approach to GLA if sat in F.

(That's probably enough info to steal my identity, mind!)
Old Jun 25, 2007, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Big storm here at MCO for the past 90 minutes. Storms are far better in the US Airport was closed for about an hour.

Hopefully should have gone by the time my flight to LGW is due (17:20).

Cheers,
Rick
I checked in a VS Captain last week who'd just been operating an MCO flight. He was telling me how they circled for over an hour before finally having to divert to MIA. Having lived there I have to agree, those South Florida storms are something else.

Actually, it's part of a tropical wave that's hovering in the area over the next couple of days, though South Florida is due to be hit harder than Central FLA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.